Parents

"Shimá! Shizhé'é!" (Mother! Father!)

The couple smiled as their daughter hugged both of them. "Achʼéʼé! (Daughter!) We have missed you so much! Have you been eating alright?" asked Alyara's mother.

"Shimá, I'm okay. I told you that I can care for myself and that you shouldn't worry."

Alyara motioned her parents to enter, and they did so. Her father then noticed Isaiah in his wolf form. As for Isaiah, on the outside, he was cool, calm, and collected, but deep down, he was nervous. "Don't be so nervous! Just act natural," snapped Rafael.

"Shut it, these are her parents, and I want to get to know them before I meet them in my human form! We can't raise any suspicions since Alyara's parents grew up knowing skinwalker legends!" said Isaiah. 

"Achʼéʼé, what is this?" asked her mother.

Alyara went to Isaiah. "I got a new dog. You can say that I was a bit lonely and thought getting a dog would give me company. His name is..." Alyara almost froze. She forgot about his name. If she called him by his actual name, it could cause a bit of a stir. Isaiah will eventually be in his human form when meeting her parents. Although, Alyara thought it would be an excellent opportunity to get back at him. Isaiah glanced at her, wagging his tail. "This is Łééchąą'í."

"Really, Achʼéʼé? You named him 'dog,'" said her mother.

"Well, it's the first thing I thought of. Many people don't understand Navajo and would think it's beautiful, and he is a dog."

Isaiah's wolf lips were a bit open. "Of all the nice names, she calls me a dog in Navajo. The nerve!" said Isaiah.

Rafael chuckled even though he was not pleased with the name. "You got to give it to her. I bet she's doing this to get back at you for pulling the puppy eye trick." The wolf gave out his wolfish smirk. "I can't wait until we have the opportunity to take her to bed. I'll be sure to show her a thing or two."

"Shut it, horndog."

The wolf scoffed. "Back at you."

Isaiah returned to reality as he noticed Alyara's father eyeing him. He didn't say a word as the elder watched him.

"Are you sure he's an actual dog?"

Alyara and Isaiah felt their heart skip a beat. "Yeah, Shizhé'é. I got him from a friend."

"It looks more like a wolf than a dog."

"He's catching onto us," said Isaiah. Rafael let out a chuckle. "Smart old man, you might have a challenge in the future."

"Just me? It's also you, damn dog."

Alyara rolled her eyes. "It's a Husky and German Shepherd mix. Besides, I made sure to have him trained. He doesn't hurt anybody. Łééchąą'í, paw." Alyara extended her hand. Isaiah did what he was told in his wolf form and gave her his paw. "Good boy. Roll over."

Isaiah did what he was told. "She's enjoying this."

"I am too," laughed Rafael.

"Okay, now play dead."

Isaiah groaned in a wolfish annoyance but did what he was told. He fell to the floor, his legs high as he pretended to be dead. Alyara giggled, as did her mother. "Anyway, sit down and relax. Coffee is almost ready, and I already have a restaurant in mind for later." Her parents went to the living room as Alyara was fixing coffee. Isaiah decided to be by her side. He could still feel Alyara's father staring at him.

As the young woman gave her parents coffee, Isaiah relaxed in Alyara's room. Moments later, Alyara arrived in her room. "Thanks for playing along, but I think my dad suspects something. It's best that you don't come out as much."

Isaiah merely nodded his head.

"Oh, also, I will take my parents to eat out, and I won't be able to take you."

Isaiah growled in his wolf form. 

"Don't you growl at me. You have to remain low in the meantime. Try to behave." With that, Alyara left her room.

The Alpha squirmed in annoyance. "She thinks she will have her way. Oh, my dear mate doesn't know what I have planned."