Determination

The air blew on Isaiah gently as he drove with Alyara on the open road. He would glance at Alyara now and then; her long black hair elegantly flowed with the wind as she looked toward the far-away city.

Isaiah looked at his phone, and they were thirty minutes from their destination. He wished there would have been traffic so he could spend more time with her. However, he was grateful to spend time with her. "I hope I am not making you uncomfortable."

Alyara looked at him. "Not at all. Sorry if I was silent. I'm quite thoughtful at times that I don't realize it."

"You did look very thoughtful. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, it is nothing to be concerned about."

"Hmm, she's mysterious. It makes her even more alluring. What I would do to her to make her talk," groaned Rafael.

The Alpha was afraid to ask it, yet he had to know. "May I ask you a question?"

"Yes, of course."

"I know I should not pry, but do you have a boyfriend?"

Alyara raised an eyebrow.

"I was curious, you looked pretty sad, and I thought someone may have upset you."

It was silent between them. Isaiah made a right turn that led him to an exit off the freeway. "I don't have one." The werewolf merely nodded, but deep down, he and his wolf were happy beyond doubt. "To be honest, I do like someone, though."

Isaiah almost stepped on the brakes, but he caught himself before he did so. "Really?"

"It's a childhood friend of mine. We've been friends since we were in third grade. I had low self-esteem back then, but he helped me gain self-confidence. I'm eternally grateful to him. He was the first who made me feel I was worthy."

"What!? She has a crush on another man!? Who the hell is he!? I'm going to gut him into pieces!"  Isaiah was also angry but didn't want to risk Alyara fearing him. "That's a nice friend you have, and both of you are still friends after such a long time?"

"Yes." He made a left turn and drove into a neighborhood filled with many houses and a couple of apartment complexes. He made it to the destination and stopped. "Thank you so much, Isaiah. I appreciate your taking your time to take me home."

"No problem, I am happy to assist you." Just before Alyara was about to leave the car, he stopped her. "I was wondering if I could see you again. I want to speak to you more."

Alyara looked surprised. "I appreciate you asking me, but I don't have time, and I-"

"As friends, Alyara. I know you have feelings for your friend, and I respect that. However, it doesn't hurt to make new friends, right? Besides, I won't do anything that will make you uncomfortable."

"I will think about it."

"May I have your number so I can communicate with you?"

"I will give you my home phone." Alyara gave him her home phone number and left for her apartment. Isaiah watched her go inside. "She will not get rid of me that easily, and I will not give her away to that stupid male friend!" He got inside his car and drove back to Downtown Los Angeles.

There was traffic; the irony. It took him almost an hour to get to the city, but when he made it, he drove to one of the luxurious apartments he owned.

 He owned apartments and homes within the United States and other parts of the world. Isaiah could live anywhere in the world since he also had citizenship. Isaiah's family influenced for over two hundred years, but they had to keep their identities as werewolves a secret. However, they used their other identities to their advantage, which is why they had riches. Isaiah and his forefathers also had riches to protect and provide for their pack. Like his forefathers, Isaiah had to protect his pack and be kind to live peacefully. That was why Isaiah made sure not to create too much publicity.

Isaiah made it to the penthouse, where it was quiet and clean. He took off his suit and went to his desk. He didn't feel like returning to the office. Isaiah was overfilled with joy to find his mate but found out she had feelings for another man.

Rafael felt overwhelmed with joy, but the wolf was getting impatient. "You should've marked her," he growled.

Isaiah rolled his eyes. "As I told you, I don't want her to fear us."

Rafael groaned in annoyance. "Back in the day, male werewolves would just mark their mates! Do you want her to fall for another man!?"

"As much as I want Alyara to be with us, I want to take my time to woo her. I know that she will be with us, but with patience, I know I can win her heart."

"You mean we?"

"Sure."

Isaiah's phone rang; it was Darren. "Alpha, I'm calling to know how it went! How was she!?"

"I did, Darren. The Moon Goddess has granted my prayers." Isaiah sighed as he imagined her. "She's lovely but cautious."

"So, what's the plan now? Did you tell her your identity?"

"Not yet. I want her to get used to me first. I doubt that she will believe me if I tell her. I don't want to show her my wolf side. It might scare her off."

"That's true. Now that you found our Luna, shall we tell the pack the news?"

Isaiah was thoughtful for a moment. "Not yet. I will be asking her out on a date. When Alyara soon accepts me, the pack will know. I don't want them to become too excited."

Darren was silent for a bit. "Well, I think they should know. One of my main concerns is rogues and hunters. They can be anywhere. I want you and our Luna to be protected."

The Alpha almost forgot the other dangers Alyara could face: hunters and rogues. If something were to happen to his mate, he would not be able to live and forgive himself. "We will wait for the announcement. However, I want you to choose ten of our best pack fighters. Once you have chosen them, I want them to come by my office tomorrow morning."

"Very well, until tomorrow."

They hung up, and Isaiah looked out from the window to the city and looked up at the full moon. Isaiah thanked the moon goddess, and she allowed him to have a mate.

The Alpha was even more determined to make Alyara fall in love with him. He knew the difficulties ahead; some would try to stand in his way but swore to emerge victorious.

He will try to convince his mate that he is the right choice. Once she chooses him, he will make her happy, for that is what he wants.