Vows

When Isaiah saw his mate on the hospital bed, his heart broke. He would've preferred being in Alyara's position. He was always by her side until she woke up. When she did, he and Rafael were overjoyed. Alyara was also concerned for Marco, but he informed her that he was alive; Tristan was the only casualty.

Isaiah held anger toward the man but couldn't help but feel sorry for him, too. Rafael only felt hate toward Tristan and was glad that he was gone. During the stay, all the pack members, Darren and Emilia included, visited their Luna. Alyara never saw a room filled with many flowers and balloons. Isaiah was happy that the pack members admired and respected Alyara.

He didn't want to lose her again. Alyara asked him not to tell her parents, or they would have a fit, and he agreed. A week later, she was out of the hospital and taken to her apartment. Alyara noticed that Marco didn't visit at least once. She was a bit hurt, but Marco had lost his Father. When she healed a month later, Isaiah and Alyara kept on dating, much to the annoyance of Rafael. They dated and eventually became boyfriend and girlfriend. Alyara was happy, and so was Isaiah. 

Three months later, Emilia gave birth to a baby boy, who they named Ezekiel; Alyara could tell Isaiah was jealous. After six months, Isaiah took Alyara to a picnic at a lake, which she thought was beautiful. That was when he got on one knee, took a ring, and proposed to her. Alyara gasped and cried with joy; she accepted. 

She informed her parents, and her Mother was thrilled while her Father was in between; he respected her decision. It took eight months to plan the wedding.

Eight months passed, and now Alyara was in a room in her white dress. Her white dress was a surprise gift from her Mother and the women of the tribe they were from. Ayita made sure to make the dress and save it when the time came when her daughter was going to get married. During that time, Ayita was told the truth about Isaiah's identity. It was difficult for her to believe at first, but after seeing Isaiah in his form, she believed them. She promised to keep it a secret to keep Isaiah and her daughter safe. 

The women of the pack and her Mother helped her dress and did her hair. Alyara'a black hair had a bun, but the rest was curled and let down. She had a long white feather on the right side of her hair and handmade white-beaded earrings with some red and light brown decorations. She also wore handmade bracelets and a necklace.

Ayita cried joyfully while the other pack women shed a couple of tears. Mojag entered the room, and tears fell when he saw his daughter. "It's time to go. Everyone is waiting for the bride."

The pack and other allied packs were sitting in their seats

The pack and other allied packs were sitting in their seats. The wedding is held in a forest in one of Isaiah's private homes. Isaiah stood in front of a boulder where steps were carved. It was a tradition that werewolves wed at night under a full moon. It was believed that the moon goddess would bless them and their union. Isaiah wore a dark suit with a white buttoned shirt, a black vest, dark, dressy pants, and shoes. Darren stood by his side. "Nervous?"

"A bit but excited. Today is the day that Alyara and I will be husband and wife. It feels like a dream."

"Well, it isn't, you fool! Don't jinx it!" cheered Rafael.

Emilia stood at the opposite side where Alyara was going to stand. Then, the doors of the house opened, and everyone stood. Everyone saw Alyara with her Father and Mother. A couple of the pack's women stood behind and followed their Luna to the altar. When Isaiah saw Alyara, his world stopped; his heart was beating rapidly. He didn't realize it, but there were tears in his eyes. "She's so beautiful," said Rafael. 

Alyara and her parents made it in front of the altar. Ayita and Mojag kissed their daughter on the head; Mojag motioned Alyara's hand to Isaiah, who he gladly took. "That's right, she's ours now, old man," cheered Rafael. The ladies still stood; the couple climbed up the boulder steps where the officiant stood.

 Isaiah didn't hear a word as the marriage officiant said; his eyes were on Alyara, smiling brightly. Moments later, the officiant looked at him. "Alpha Isaiah." This caught Isaiah's attention. "You may say your vows."

Alyara and Isaiah were looking at one another. "I, Isaiah, swear before the Moon Goddess and to you, Alyara, that I will  hold you from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and cherish, until parted by death." Isaiah got the ring from Darren and put it on Alyara's finger.

Alyara's smile widened. "I, Alyara, swear in front of everyone present to the Moon Goddess and you, Isaiah, that I will hold you from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and cherish, until parted by death." Emilia gave the ring to Alyara, and she put the ring on Isaiah's finger.

"By the power invested in me and the Moon Goddess, you are now husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Isaiah smiled as he motioned his wife's face to his; they kissed. Everyone stood and cheered for the couple. 

From afar, two men stood by the trees and watched everything happen. "Are you sure you don't want to go and speak to her?"

"No, she went through enough because of me. I have to step aside and let her live her life. I'm  happy that she's happy, and I got to see her for one last time."

"Marco, this doesn't have to be the end. You still can lead the hunters," said Arturo.

Marco shook his head. "I don't want to. I'm not cut out for the responsibility. It caused my Dad a lot of heartbreak. I will not follow in his footsteps; I will follow my own."

"So that's why you're moving away?"

"Don't worry, Uncle. I will visit you, and you can visit me. I have to do this. I want to keep my mom's promise."

Arturo sighed. "You're just like your mom. I will wait for you in the car." The older man jumped off the tree. 

Marco watched as Alyara and Isaiah were congratulated. Marco smiled as he felt a tear drip from his right eye. "Congratulations; be happy." He went off to start his new life.