Rescue

Alyara was on Darren's back since he turned into a wolf. Darren's wolf had the urge to kill and was determined to get his pregnant mate back into his arms. The group made it inside the prison, ensuring they were not seen. Alyara got off his back while Darren changed into his form; the young woman covered her eyes as he changed. "I'm done. Lead the way."

"W-Will you promise not to kill the hunters? I know what they did was wrong, but they were following orders."

Darren sighed as he nodded. "I promise."

"Believe me; they didn't harm Emilia in any way." 

Darren looked at the pack members. "Keep our Luna safe and be prepared to fight. Don't kill them, but if they get their silver weapons, we must do what must be done." The pack members nodded. Alyara ran behind Darren as she instructed everyone which path to go.

As they were getting closer, Darren and the rest of the pack felt the aura of the hunters. They growled and were prepared to fight. 

The hunters and werewolves were face to face. The hunters got their guns ready and were about to shoot. Alyara hid in one of the prison rooms while the werewolves used their super speed and split up, confusing the hunters. Some went to unlocked prison rooms, the walls, or straight at the hunters. Darren went straight toward them, dodging the bullets. He could use his claws and scratch two of them, making the hunters scream in pain.

The sudden attack distracted the others, allowing the other werewolves to attack. The hunters were disarmed. The werewolves held them down, and the hunters tried to fight back they were held down. Alyara walked out of the prison room and saw what was happening. "Please don't fight anymore. We want our friend back. We don't want to harm you!"

"You're the enemy! You-!"

"Your leader lied to you! Your leader doesn't care about anything anymore since his wife was killed. Everything he is doing is a suicide; he doesn't care if others get hurt because of it!"

"Where's my wife!?" yelled Darren. 

"D-Darren!?" a faint echo was heard in the building. Darren's ears perked up. 

"Hold this one down! I can hear Emilia!" One of the members got a hold of the hunter while Darren ran off to find his mate. "Emilia, where are you!?"

"Darren!"

He kept on moving forward and passed a prison. When he got a glimpse of her, he stopped. "Emilia, my love!"

Emilia held onto the bars. "D-Darren, I knew you would find me!"

Darren grew one of his nails and unlocked the prison door. The Beta went inside the prison and hugged Emilia. His heart felt complete and relieved. "I thought I was going to lose you and our baby."

Emilia kissed Darren; he did the same. "You will be taken home."

"Wait, where's Alyara!? She was taken away!"

"Don't worry; we got her back safely." That was when the realization hit Darren. Was Alyara being watched? He held onto Emilia, and he ran toward where the pack members were. The hunters were locked in the prison rooms while the pack members stood as guards. Darren looked all over for Alyara. "Where is our Luna!?"

The pack members froze as they looked around for Alyara; she was nowhere to be seen. Darren growled. "Keep guard on the hunters; I will find our Luna!" He put Emilia down. "You will stay here."

"No, I will go with you!"

"No! You will stay here until I say it's safe to come out!"

Emilia huffed. "Darren, I may be pregnant, but I can-!"

"You will do as I say! I thought I lost you once. Please don't make me feel that way again! I would never forgive myself if something happened to you!"

Emilia was silent as she looked at her mate. She could sense his worry for her and their unborn baby. She slowly touched her pregnant belly, feeling the life they created. The female werewolf knew that she had to stop being selfish and had to think of their family. "Okay, I will stay here. Promise me that you will come back to me safe and sound."

Darren gave his mate a quick kiss on her lips. "I promise I will return, and we will have the life we always wanted. I need to ensure that our Alpha and Luna are safe." The Beta ran off to find Alyara and to see if Isaiah was alright. As he ran, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something big would happen. All Darren could do was hope that he was wrong.