Taken

Word spread in the pack that their Luna would be introduced; excitement was in the air. It was decided that the introduction was to be done in the forest where Darren had a vacation home. The pack had three days to prepare. Alyara noticed how happy and excited Isaiah was. It was all he could talk about. On the third day, the preparations were complete; Isaiah, Alyara, Emilia, and Darren were in the house. The members who helped went home before they could see Alyrara. 

 The women were in the kitchen preparing the last bits of food that would be given tomorrow. "Emilia, are you almost due?"

"In a couple of months. Darren already fixed the baby's room and bought so many clothes that we had to build another closet." As they were cooking, Emilia noticed how thoughtful Alyara was. "Nervous?"

Alyara sighed. "Yeah, but I don't feel scared or anything. Just peace."

"Are you happy?"

"Strangely, yes."

Emilia smiled. "The more you're with Isaiah, the stronger the mate bond becomes. No matter if one is a werewolf or a human, a mate bond is strong. He hasn't marked you yet?"

"Marked?"

"To make one an official mate, the male werewolf must mark their mate to make the connection permanent. The mark also tells other males that the female is off limits."

This came as a surprise for Alyara. "He never told me about that."

Emilia put the bowl of pasta salad in the refrigerator. "He probably wanted to wait for the right moment to tell you. Isaiah didn't want to scare or pressure you." She began to wash the dishes. "I'm sorry for being the one to tell you."

"It's okay. Isaiah always tries to make me comfortable. He cares for my well-being. By the way, where are Isaiah and Darren?"

"They went to the store to get other things for the welcome party. They'll be back soon." She finished washing the dishes. "Want to watch a movie? I believe we deserve a break."

Alyara agreed. The women went to the living room, turned on the television, and clicked on Netflix. While deciding on a movie to watch, they didn't know figures were outside lurking among the trees. Some of Isaiah's men were keeping guard. With precision and skill, the unknown figures took down the guards; some were put to sleep or killed. When the guards were put down, the intruders snuck inside the house through an opened window from the top level.

Emilia felt a presence in the house; she closed her eyes to feel their aura. Alyara stopped for a moment. "Hey, are you okay? Do you need to go to the doctor?"

"I feel something." She opened her eyes. Something is wrong. Alyara, I need you to..." She wasn't able to finish. Suddenly, men jumped down the stairs; doors and windows were broken through. Men and women entered the house with weapons in hand, some with knives or guns. They surrounded the women. Emilia and Alyara huddled together. Emilia growled in anger. "You're all Hunters!"

"You two will come with us," said a male hunter.

Emilia growled as her eyes glowed a golden color. "The hell we are!" She was about to motion Alyara in another direction of the house, but a couple of hunters held and separated them. A needle was placed in Emilia and Alyara's arms, making them lose consciousness. 

"We have them in our control. We need to head back."

Meanwhile, Darren and Isaiah returned to the private house with the materials needed for tomorrow's party. "We sure got a lot of things. Well, we should be prepared," said Darren.

Isaiah chuckled. "You picked the most of it. Have you decided on a date for the baby shower?"

"I was thinking of next month. Emilia doesn't like huge parties." He turned right toward the path leading to the vacation house. "I'm excited and nervous about being a Father. Who knows, one day you and Alyara can-" Darren stopped the car as he felt a painful pang in his heart; Isaiah felt the same thing.

"You felt it too?" asked Isaiah.

"Yeah."

Their hearts began to beat with anticipation and anxiety; the men realized something was wrong. "Drive faster!" yelled Isaiah.

Darren didn't need to be told twice as he drove faster, ensuring he did not hit any tree in his path. They finally arrived; the car was parked, and the men ran toward the house. Their eyes widened with horror when they saw their guards either unconscious or dead. They feared the worst. Isaiah ran inside the house, calling for Alyrara and Emilia. 

There was no answer. 

Darren entered as he called for his mate. The two ran through the house and couldn't find them. Isaiah's heart was beating rapidly. Rafael howled with agony. Someone had taken Alyara and Emilia away.