Going Out

It was the day that Isaiah and Alyara were going out. Isaiah checked himself in the mirror and wore a long-sleeved dark blue buttoned shirt with a black suit on top, black slacks, and lovely black dressy shoes. He had his black hair slicked back; his light blue eyes glowed with excitement. His clothes hung to his muscular body as he stood six feet and three inches tall. Isaiah didn't like bragging, but he knew he looked like a model. Werewolves tend to age slower and tend to be more good-looking than humans.

Isaiah knew he was good-looking since he had no trouble with women in the past. However, Alyara seemed immune to his looks when they first met. He wondered if she was cautious or cared more about one's personality. 

"It's because she has feelings for that guy friend, Isaiah! Make sure not to mess this up for us!" said Rafael.

"I have experience dating, Rafael. I won't have trouble."

"Hmph, you never had a long-term relationship, and you just hump and dump the women you were with."

Isaiah sighed. "It's because I knew I would have my mate sooner or later."

"Well, apparently later! It's your fault that we had to wait years to find Alyara! You're a bigger horn dog than I am!"

Isaiah ignored his wolf since he was ready to go; the Alpha drove to Alyara's place. He was excited and nervous at the same time, as was his wolf Rafael. He was howling out of joy. "We are going to be with her more! When are you going to let me take over?"

"Once I can trust you. I know how you are. You would probably take her against her will."

Rafael moaned in annoyance. "What happened nowadays? Back then, our ancestors kidnapped their mates, and they lived happily ever after."

"Well, times have changed, unfortunately."

Rafael chuckled. "So you admit that you are a bit disappointed?"

"..."

"Admit it. You wanted to get a hold of her and mark her immediately. That is what I would have done."

Isaiah gave out a long sigh. "Please just behave and remember what we talked about."

"Never made any promises!"

Isaiah turned to the street where Alyara lived, and once he got to her home, he was happy yet surprised that she was standing outside. He parked his car and got out. "Alyara."

She smiled. "Hello, Isaiah."

Isaiah felt his heart missing a beat. Alyara wore a strapless white dress with dark blue flower decorations. She also wore a dark blue sweater that matched her dress. Her long black hair was curled, and she wore little makeup. For him, she was breathtaking. "You look very lovely."

"Th-Thank you."

"Lovely!? She's gorgeous!" yelled Rafael.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded.

Isaiah acted the gentleman and let her enter the car, and he then entered and drove off. It was quiet for a while between them. Usually, Isaiah had high confidence in women, but he did not know what to say now that he had found his mate. This was the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. He cleared his throat. "So, how was the rest of your week after we met?"

"It was fine, I suppose. I am more of an introvert and a bore."

"I doubt that. You seem to be the opposite."

Alyara smiled. "Looks can be deceiving, Isaiah. I have been told that I should go out more, but I don't find a lot of entertainment like in clubs and those big events. I am more reserved and like a quieter place, read books, write and listen to music." She looked away. "I also tend to attract men who think I am easy."

Isaiah squeezed the driving wheel. "Well, there is nothing wrong with being an introvert. Many of the greatest minds of all time were introverts. You probably know who your friends are and who are not. You tend not to judge easily. Instead, you probably get to know them slowly. I feel that introverts like yourselves are misunderstood."

Isaiah noticed Alyara's blush on her face, and he was happy. Rafael was also pleased. "Well, you're off to a great start. I was worried that you would mess it up." He was ignored once again.