Tristan

Marco arrived at his Father's house, the same as before, but something was missing when his mother was killed. She always worked on the gardens, but now the gardens were dead, and the house looked hollow outside. He sighed and dreaded going inside. It had been a while since he had seen and spoken with his Father. However, Marco knew that his uncle Arturo would be there. Arturo decided to live with his brother since he knew Tristan would drown himself in sorrow. He was also his brother's second in command within the hunter society. 

Marco went to the door and rung the doorbell. Moments later, the door was opened. His Uncle Arturo was visible. He stood at five feet and six inches tall; his short, wavy hair was dark brown, as were his eyes. When facing werewolves, he had dark tan skin with scars on his arms and face. Arturo was in his forties but looked older due to the stress of his duties. 

Arturo smiled as he looked at his nephew. The two men hugged each other. "It's been a while since you came to visit, Nephew. I know you have a tough relationship with your old man, but try to be a better person and call occasionally. I know he won't admit it, but he does miss you."

"Does he really miss me, Uncle? I know you are trying to unite us, but Dad can't let go of the past. What he needs is professional help. I know Mom would have wanted him to move on." Uncle and Nephew were silent momentarily. "Anyway, you informed him why I am here."

"Of course, and he's waiting for you in his study. Good luck."

Marco entered the house. Everything was the same as it was many years ago. He went to the office, and the door was slightly opened. He was about to knock but heard his Father call out to him. "I know you're here, Marco."

The young man entered and saw his Father looking at the paperwork behind his desk. His Father had light olive skin, golden brown eyes, and gray curly hair. For a man in his early fifties, he was in great shape, but he had slight bags under his eyes due to lack of sleep. Tristan slowly looked at his son, who kept his distance.

The room was silent; Marco felt a little awkward.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?" Tritan asked as he went back, looking at his paperwork. 

"Do you remember Alyara?"

"Your female friend? I do, although rarely. Why?"

"I visited her not too long ago, and she is seeing a man. I felt his aura, and it seems he's a werewolf, an Alpha." Marco put his hands behind his back. "I know you wanted us to report to you about any signs of werewolves."

Tristan looked at his son. "It seems that his animal bugs you. If this Alpha is with your friend, then the possibility is that she is his mate."

Marco's eyes widened. He felt naive that he didn't think of the possibility. If Alyara were Isaiah's mate, keeping them apart would not be easy. "Alyara is a very good friend, and I don't want to see her get hurt. Alphas tend to be targets of rogues. Rogues are known to try to attack Lunas."

Tristan did not express any emotion. "You know what you should have done. It would be best if you had killed that werewolf when you had the chance. It would have saved your friend the trouble." Tristan slightly shook his head. "You have been trained on how to dispose of werewolves."

"I am not trained enough to fight and kill Alphas, Dad. Also, I don't want Alyara to find out about our society. I wouldn't want to put her in danger."

Tristan stopped typing and slowly eyed his son. "What are you trying to say?"

"I just don't want her to find out and be involved. As hunters, rogues also hunt us for revenge; they will use others to get to us."

"You realize that just being friends with her is already putting her in danger. That is why it's wise to use your head, Marco. Since the werewolf is an Alpha, they are harder to kill since they have more skill and intelligence than regular werewolves. I will ask Arturo to give you more training. I want you to keep an eye on that Alpha and find more information about him, to know what we are dealing with."

Marco cleared his throat. "Father, what if he brings no harm? Is it essential to kill innocent werewolves?" He noticed his Father glaring at him and knew he had made a mistake by asking that question.

"No werewolf is innocent. They're all animals and killers. We will exterminate them as long as I am the hunters' leader. Those bastards killed your mother, and that is something I will never forgive. You do as you are told. Now go." Tristan went back to his work.

Marco did not say anything else and went on his way. His Father is ruined, and Marco knew that. All he could think about was the possibility of taking another life. 

However, from afar, the five guards watched Marco. The werewolves had a powerful hearing and heard Marco's conversation with his Father.

"Our suspicions were confirmed. That man and his family are hunters," said Quiroz.

"Right, we need to inform our Alpha about this," said Dylan.