Alyara

Isaiah's mind and heart were in disarray at the sight of the young woman before him. He felt that he had never seen such a beautiful woman before. His wolf, Rafael, howled out of joy. "Our mate! Our mate! We finally found her after all these years!"

Slowly, a smile made its way into Isaiah's lips. He felt utter joy that he had finally found her, his mate, the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. The smell of her was intoxicating, but he smelled her carefully from afar and realized something.

She was human.

Werewolves could have mates with either werewolves or humans; love would always be everlasting.

He saw how her long, straight black hair flowed with the air, as did her white dress with colorful flower decorations. The young woman looked at the other parts of the city by standing by the edge of the Wells Fargo building.

Slowly, the Alpha walked towards her, not wanting to startle her.

The young woman heard the footsteps come closer from behind her. She then looked behind her and saw him.

Isaiah froze. 

She had light gray eyes, light tan skin, and an average thin figure; her face was thin. Her lips were small and bright pink. She also had an average-like body figure. Never had he seen such beautiful eyes on a woman before; not even the females of different packs had as beautiful eyes as his mate. "May I help you, sir?"

She spoke to him, and Isaiah was thrilled. "I-I-I...." He was at a loss for words. 

"Helllooo! Say something, dummy!"

Isaiah contained his composure. "H-Hello. I-It sure is a nice day."

"Yes, I suppose it is, minus the city smell."

Slowly, the Alpha was gaining his confidence. "True, the smell can be unbearable, but the city's history is interesting, wouldn't you say?"

The young woman gave out a small smile. "You are right about that."

"The name is Isaiah. What is your name?"

"Alyara."

"Alyara," moaned Rafael. "Me likey! I want her now!"

 Isaiah also felt a shiver in his body. "You have a lovely name."

"Thank you, if you will excuse me, I have to catch the bus."

This made Isaiah leave his trance as he realized she would leave. He did not want that to happen, especially now that he had finally found her. "Don't let her get away! Mark her! Now!" demanded Rafael. 

"I won't mark her; she will hate us for it! Patience, I will woo her, don't you worry," said Isaiah.

Rafael let out an annoyed growl. "Your generation has become wusses!"

The Alpha walked beside her, and the young woman stopped. "I was wondering if I could buy you some coffee. I would like to know more about you. Just one coffee that is all I am asking. Please."

Alyara was thoughtful and sighed. "Okay, just one coffee."

The two walked to a nearby Starbucks, and Isaiah had difficulty restraining himself from marking his mate. Usually, when werewolves find their mates, they immediately mark them to let other males know the particular female is off-limits. Once they arrived, they made their orders, and Isaiah paid with his insistence. The two were quiet, and Isaiah couldn't believe he couldn't find anything to say. Moments later, their orders were called. "You already have your coffee?"

She nodded. The two walked outside the coffee shop and sat by a large water fountain. "So, Alyara, why are you in this city?"

Alyara looked at Isaiah as she took a sip of her drink. "To look around, I guess. I am the type of person who likes to explore, even though the city was not as nice as it looked back in the day. How about yourself?"

"I am here for business."

"Oh, so you are not from here originally?"

He nodded. "Yes, I'm also exploring parts of the world. I was looking for someone special."

Alyara looked curious. "Who's this special person?"

Isaiah gave her a soft and gentle smile. "It's a secret."

The young woman smiled and nodded. The two kept talking about what they did and their likes and dislikes. Isaiah felt as if he was on cloud nine. He felt satisfaction just by hearing Alyara speak and having her close to him.

Alyara then looked at her phone. "Oh my, it is getting late. I have to get going." She stood from her seat. Isaiah immediately stood; the thought of her leaving made him panic.

"Don't let her get away!" yelled Rafael.

"Um, I can take you home. I have nothing else to do."

Alyara looked uncertain and uncomfortable. "I am okay. I am going to take the bus. I-"

"Please, Alyara, I don't mind. I would feel terrible if I did not take you. I know I took a lot of your time, and I would be honored to give you a ride wherever you want me to take you."

"I live in Long Beach, though, I..."

Isaiah got a hold of her hand. "Great, I have been there many times. Tell me the way, and I will drop you off." 

Alyara didn't want to go with Isaiah but knew he would not leave her alone. Also, she felt a pull toward him; she couldn't explain it. Something was telling her to trust him. Just in case, Alyara got out her phone and texted her friend that she would get a ride and send a message if something happened.

Isaiah noticed; he knew that Alyara was being cautious. The Alpha couldn't blame. He led her to his car and then mind-linked Darren. Once they were connected, he told him the situation, and Darren said he would return to the office to help Isaiah with his work. Once the two were in the car, Isaiah drove off, thinking of plans to earn Alyara's trust.