Clash

Everyone present trembled at the sound of the gunshot. Alyara's eyes were closed at the sound of the gunshot; she slowly opened her eyes and looked above her. Tristan still held the gun, but it wasn't aimed at her. Tristan was face-to-face with Isaiah; Isaiah grabbed Tristan's hand, aiming it upward. His eyes were pitch black. "Is-Isaiah?" Alyara trembled as she saw him. 

"You dare to try to kill my mate. Damned hunter, I will grant your wish if you want to die badly!" Rafael took control. Suddenly, Tristan got another weapon with his free hand and tried to stab Rafael. However, the werewolf used his super-speed, held his mate, and ran back to his pack. Rafael looked at his mate and hugged her with all his might. "Alyara, you are safe, my love!"

Alyara felt Rafael trembling; his heart was beating rapidly. He was terrified of what could've happened to her. She slowly put her arms around him. "I-I'm okay, Rafael. Pl-Please, calm down."

Darren went to her. "Luna, where are they holding Emilia?"

"Sh-She's still inside the prison. They have hunters inside just in case you all arrived. We have to save her!"

"We will save her, but you will stay here, my love. I will tell the pack members to take you home."

"No, I know where they're keeping Emilia and where the hunters are. I also know they have silver bullets. Tristan thought I couldn't see everything, but I was able to. Rafael, please, have faith in me."

Isaiah and Rafael were contemplating among themselves. Rafael shook his head. "It's not that we don't trust you, my love. Isaiah and I don't want to lose you. If something were to happen to you, then we would die. Life wouldn't be worth it without you."

Alyara noticed the hint of pain and sadness in Rafael; she could also imagine how Isaiah would feel. She motioned his face toward hers and kissed him, surprising him and the pack. "I know you're afraid of losing me. I'm afraid, too. However, Emilia is still in there and pregnant. I can't imagine the pain and fear that Darren is feeling for his mate. Also, since I am your mate and Luna of your pack, I must care for and protect this pack with my life."

The pack was in awe of their Luna. It was their first time meeting her, but they immediately had a profound respect for her. Rafael looked at Darren, who looked impatient and worried; he would, too, if Alyara were in that situation. "You and some of our members will protect her as she guides you to the prison. If she gets hurt, there will be hell to pay. Understand?"

"Yes, Alpha." 

Darren chose six pack members while the rest stayed behind. Darren changed into his wolf form and motioned Alyara to sit on his back. She did so, and Darren went the other way with some of their members. Rafael watched as they went off. However, he heard Marco and Arturo screaming for Tristan to stop his madness.

"I think it's time that I take over. You saved our mate's life. However, we promised Marco that we wouldn't kill his father. Not yet, if need be," said Isaiah. 

Rafael growled. However, he knew they had to distract Tristant while Alyara and the others were on a rescue mission to save Emilia. "Fine, but I will take over if things get out of hand."

"Deal."

..........................

"Dad, you almost killed Alyara! How could you do that!? Why would you even want war!?"

"Tristan, please stop all of this! Many will die because of your useless need for vengeance!" Arturo looked at the rest of the hunters. "You see what he's doing! I know you want to follow orders, but these werewolves have done nothing to the humans or us! Are you willing to kill the innocent and die for a suicidal leader!?"

The hunters looked at one another, contemplating what they should do.

Isaiah and the rest of his pack appeared. "Listen to him, hunters! I won't lie; I'm angered that my mate was kidnapped. However, I know you all are not to blame." He glared at Tristan, who held no emotion. "Your son is worried about you! I can't imagine the pain you feel after losing your wife. If I lost Alyara, I would have become like you, but Alyara wouldn't have wanted me to become an emotionless being. I doubt your wife would've wanted to see you like this." Isaiah walked forward.

Marco was about to call him out, but Arturo stopped him. "That wolf is his only hope now."

"Fight me."

Everyone was in shock but became more so when Tristan walked forward. He dropped his gun. "You think you can stop this? You can try. I will not stop until all of you are dead. You're nothing but cursed dogs."

Isaiah took off his upper clothing. "Speak for yourself."

The two men eyed one another, ran toward each other, and clashed.

 The fight had begun.