Declaration

Marco POV

I finished the paperwork that my Uncle wanted me to do. I had been bombarded by paperwork, and I was tired of it. 

I decided to go to Alyara's place, especially since I was going through a rough patch in my love life. I tend to make interesting choices for women, but that is my fault. If I had to be honest, I tend to go after damaged women; I have been destroyed myself ever since my mother's death. I knew my reasoning and views of relationships were wrong, but my pride prevented me from getting help.

The more I thought about it, the more I began to think about Alyara. She has been my friend for such a long time. I have feelings for her but never pursued her because I damaged myself and wanted to go after broken women. I hated my thought process. Alyara was always there for me when I needed her, but I was hardly there for her. I'm a terrible person.

I shook my head. I didn't want to ruin my friendship, but I would take it slow to discover my true feelings for now. I left my apartment and drove off to Alyara's apartment. I eventually arrived and walked to her apartment room. As I got closer, I felt the same aura. It was another male and not entirely human, either. 

Like my Dad and Uncle, I am still training to be a hunter. I realized that it was a werewolf in Alyara's apartment. I also realized that I felt this aura before. Damn it! I had the urge to kill, but at the same time, I did not want to frighten Alyara, so it was best to lay low for her sake. This will give me a chance to know what the dog looks like. I knocked, and Alyara answered. 

"Oh, Marco! I wasn't expecting you today."

"Sorry for coming unannounced. I wanted to see how you were doing. May I come in?"

She looked a bit uncertain. "I have a guest."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can come another time, but I wondered if I could use your bathroom."

Alyara let me in, and I will be able to see what this dog looks like. I stilled when I saw him. It was that guy she introduced me to. I couldn't believe it; this guy was a werewolf! How in the hell was he able to hide his aura? If he was that good at hiding his wolf aura, it must mean that this guy is an Alpha.

Damn it all.

........................................................

The two men eyed one another, both unhappy to see one another. Isaiah crossed his arms while Rafael growled. "Hello. Marco, if I recall, it is nice to see you again."

Marco's glare never wavered. "Likewise, I guess I'll go to the restroom."

The Alpha watched him go and mentally smirked to himself. "He wasn't expecting us here," Isaiah said to himself.

"THmph, good! We are here to stay, and we will never let Alyara go. Although, there is something off about that man," said Rafael. "Don't you feel it?"

Isaiah was silent momentarily and slightly closed his eyes. He felt a faint aura, something from Marco. "I do feel something."

Marco got out of the restroom. "Sorry to bother you, Alyara. Maybe we can hang out sometime."

As Alyara was about to answer, Isaish stood up and went next to her. "I wanted you to be the first to know that Alyara and I are in the first stages of dating." He looked down at her and smiled. "However, we will take it slow, for I want her to be comfortable. Since you two are friends, it would be appropriate that you know the current situation." The Alpha noticed Marco tense up.

"Yes, yes! Suffer, you miserable human male! Alyara is ours!" cheered Rafael.

Marco was stunned, but he cleared his throat. "Good for you both. Until then, Alyara." Marco left and walked away from the apartment complex. He didn't want to admit it, but he was angry and hurt that Alyara accepted to date a man she barely met. What was worse was that she didn't know what Isaiah was. However, she didn't know his identity; both men were sleeping secrets.

 "Arrogant dog; he thinks he can win. I will not let Alyara get hurt by him and his kind." From afar, Marco didn't know what Isaiah's guards were watching him.

"I sense something from that guy. He's no ordinary human," said Dylan.

"You're right. Our Alpha ordered some of us to keep an eye on him. We need to spread out," stated Quiroz.

"Understood," the rest said in unison. 

Five of them stayed while the other five followed Marco.