News

Isaiah couldn't stop pacing and breathing heavily as blood was stained on his hands. Tears formed and dripped from his eyes. They were at a hospital he owned, where many pack members were doctors. Darren and Emilia were also with him while the other pack members waited outside the hospital to guard or keep the hunters at bay. Arturo and some of the hunters were in the hospital. Arturo sat on a chair motionless, looking at the floor. 

Rafael couldn't stop howling in pain. "ALYARA! ALYARA! OUR MATE! OUR LIFE! SHE CAN'T DIE! I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT HER!"

The Alpha said nothing to his wolf; their heart was in shreds; the memory seemed almost blurry.

"Isaiah, Alyara, look out!" yelled Marco. He ran toward the couple using his hunter speed. Alyara saw Tristan pointing a gun at them; her eyes became wide. With all her strength, she pushed  Isaiah to the ground. A shot was fired. Isaiah fell to the ground and heard the gunshot. To his and Rafael's horror, he saw Marco standing before Alyara. The bullet went through them both.

Marco was struck on the back, while Alyara was struck on her chest. Blood spurted out. The impact shocked them both; they fell to the ground. Isaiah's eyes were wide and looked like they would pop out. "NOOO!" Isaiah went to Alyara and held her in his arms. Darren, Emilia, and others exited the prison and witnessed what happened. Emilia screamed in horror. Darren turned and looked at Tristan, who was shocked at what had happened. The older man wanted to shoot Isaiah but shot his son and Alyara.

His heart was beating rapidly, realizing what he had done. Arturo was horrified. "TRISTAN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? YOU SHOT YOUR SON!" He went to his nephew and got a hold of him. "Anyone, call the ambulance! Now!" One of the werewolves called the ambulance of their pack. "Mia never would have wanted this, brother! YOU'VE ALWAYS FAILED TO SEE THAT!"

Tristan fell onto his knees as he saw his son unconscious; his blood slowly poured like a river. Tears formed and dripped from his eyes. He looked at his hands and the gun. Tristan remembered Marco's birthday and how happy he and Mia were. Mia was crying tears of joy as she held onto their son. "I want to name him Marco after my Dad. Would that be okay with you, my love?" she asked.

Tristan smiled as he kissed his wife. "Of course. I know Marco will become a strong man one day."

"Tristan, all I want him to be is a good man with morals, values, and strong too." Mia giggled. "Promise me that you will guide and protect him if necessary. No matter what happens."

Tristan looked at his wife and kissed her on the forehead. "I promise."

"I couldn't keep my promise, Mia. I killed...our son...I failed as a husband, as a Father." He put the gun on his head. 

One of the hunters saw this. "Sir, don't do this!"

He pulled the trigger, and the bullet went through his head, killing him instantly. Arturo saw everything unfold; the ambulance arrived. All he could do was cry.

.............................

Everyone was waiting for news. Isaiah would constantly ask the doctors for information. Darren had to get involved. "Alpha, please, you have to calm down. We will know how Alyara is doing. She wouldn't want to see you like this."

"Calm down! Calm down!? How can I be calm knowing my mate is hurt or dead!" Isaiah's voice was breaking down. Rafael was also restless. "We can't lose our mate! We can't!"

Isaiah glared at Arturo, furious, but he lost a brother and didn't know if his nephew would make it. He couldn't be entirely angry with Arturo. Moments later, a doctor walked into the waiting room. "How is she? How is Alyara!?" asked Isaiah. 

"She is alive but lost a lot of blood. Luckily her blood type was in the system. The results could have been different if we had waited a minute later."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. Isaiah wanted to scream joyfully but was also physically and emotionally exhausted. "When can I see her?"

"She will be put in her room in an hour. Some things must be done."

Arturo walked forward. "How's my nephew?"

"He is also alive and lucky that the bullet didn't hit a vital point."

"Thank you, doctor. I will visit him when I am allowed to."

The doctor went off his way, and everyone sat in their seats. Isaiah was trembling and couldn't contain it anymore; he cried. He cried joyfully that Alyara was alive and she would be in his arms again.