Chapter 16

Your P.O.V.
I opened my eyes and sat up, dazed. I felt the familiar (and annoying) heaviness of my chest and tugged at (h/c) locks as I looked down to see I was hugging Shizenkai's gray sash. I knew at once that we had switched back.
The credits of the movie we were watching (I don't remember the name) were playing and I looked up at the clock to see about two and a half hours had passed.
Due to being relieved that we were back to normal, I didn't notice that Natsu was sorta hugging me awkwardly while he was sleeping until I (tried to) pump my fist in the air. I ended up punching him in the face, which caused him to wake up and let go of me as he did.
"Oi, what was that for?!"
"Ehehe sorry!" I said, sweat dropping.
He glared at me.
"A-anyway," I continued, wondering why he was hugging me, my face heating up a bit (I wasn't very used to that sort of thing) "let's go~!"
Natsu's expression changed from an angry one to a confused one.
"Huh? To where?"
"To the hot springs, of course."
"Eh?"
"Oh yeah, you don't know. Well, some of the guild members took a little trip to Yumoto's Hot Springs and we couldn't come 'cuz of the whole body switching thing."
"So?"
"Baka, I said 'let's go', so what do you think I meant?"
Then I urged him to go home and pack some stuff, while I did the same.
Natsu's P.O.V.
I walked to the edge of the forest by the outskirts of Magnolia, where (Y/N) told me to meet her.
She wore a snug white t-shirt, black vest, (f/c) skirt, and gray and black knee-high converse. She had a blue knapsack slung over her shoulder and was holding what looked like a big wood thingy with wheels.
"Hiya, Pinkie! Follow me," she said, grabbing my hand and leading me into the forest. We went deeper and deeper until we came across a dirt road.
"Aren't forests beautiful?" (Y/N) said, admiring the trees. When she got no reply she looked over and saw me staring at our hands, which were still holding each other's.
She quickly let go. "S-sorry." Giving me no time to say anything, she quickly continued. "Anyway, if you follow this road, it passes Yumoto's Hot Springs. So, it can get us there."
I simply nodded.
"Alrighty then, awkward one. Hand me your luggage."
I did. She set down that wood thingy and put the bags on top of it. She put her hands together and then held them out to the luggage - where she had discarded her knapsack as well - as if she were warming her hands over a fire. Bright green vines grew out of the wood thingy and bound the luggage tightly to it.
Big fat ones rose up around the edges and connected, making a railing.
"Wait, are we riding this?!"
(Y/N) sweat dropped. "You're even dumber than you look."
Dread filled the pit of my stomach as the both of us got on and she used her magic to make the wheels turn. The road was bumpy, which didn't help my nausea as I leaned on the railing.
(Y/N) just laughed wildly with her (h/c) locks flying anytime the cart hit a bump, going at a crazy speed down a freaking steep hill.
We got there in no time at all, and it was a miracle I hadn't puked.
(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
It was a miracle that Erza saw us, otherwise we wouldn't have been let in without paying. Anyway, I have no idea what everyone has been doing, but they were only just about to get in when we arrived.
I changed out of my outfit, into a towel, and down the hall, turning where a lady who worked there had said the baths were.
What I saw was a butt naked Makarov. And half dead-looking guys.
"(Y/N), don't...!" I heard someone (I think Gray) croak.
But it was too late. Pervy Gramps turned around to see who it was (he clearly didn't hear Gray) and I saw the most disgusting sight.
"My eyes!" I screamed. They were BURNING. Beams of plant energy shot out of them, turning a dragon statue into pieces of rubble.
Before I destroyed anything else, I covered them and got the hell outta there.
I went to the right one this time, and just stood in the doorway with that image in my head.
All of a sudden I felt a smack on the back of my head, and I turned around to see that cranky old lady from before, who gave us trouble at the counter thingy.
"Quiet down, you! You'll scare away the customers! And you have to pay for the damage!"
"Hai."
'Take a look around, lady. There are no other customers!' It was tempting to say that, but I held my tongue. But seriously, we had the place to ourselves - the guild, that is. Didn't she know? Ah, whatever.
***
Happy's P.O.V.
"Natsu's been acting strange, and I need to figure out why - although I think I already know," I said with a smirk.
"What do you mean? And how?" Saki asked, tilting her head to the side.
"Just go along with this..." And I explained what we were gonna do.
Your P.O.V.
"Nee, minna, I have a great idea~!" Saki said, waving a red paw in the air.
"What is it?" Lucy asked.
Saki flashed an evil grin. "I've heard this forest is haunted by the ghost of a girl who was a prisoner. She was forced to learn dark magic and killed in the process. Ever since, she's been searching for her captor seeking vengeance, haunting anyone who disturbs her."
"Your point is?" I asked, chuckling as I thought of how similar it sounded to me.
"Let's have a test of courage!" She declared.
"Wh-why would we need that? It's obvious there's no g-ghost!" Lucy stammered.
"A real man would never back down!" said Elfman.
"Yeahh!" I said, pumping a fist.
"You're not a man, (Y/N)," Gray pointed out, sweat dropping.
"So? When you use your imagination, anything is possible!" I said dumbly, spreading my hands out when I said "imagination".
"So are you people in or no?" Happy asked.
"Hai", everyone chorused.
"Okay, so everyone needs to get a white sea shell from the river deep within the forest to prove you actually went in," Saki explained. "And everyone will get a partner picked for them."
"One question," I said, waving my hand around.
"Hai?"
"When the hell did you come up with this?"
"Oh, it's just something you can do when you actually have a working brain."
"Excuse me?!"
She just smirked and went onto telling us who our partners are."
"Elfman and Evergreen..."
"A real man will never leave their partner behind no matter how much he may want to."
"Shut up, Brawny Brains! I'm smarter than you!"
I heard Mirajane giggle.
"...Levy and Gajeel..."
"...Let's have have fun together, Gajeel!" Levy said, blushing.
"Just don't get in my way..." He muttered, looking away.
"...(Y/N) and Natsu..."
"Ohohoho you're lucky to have a partner as fabulous as moi~"
When I looked at him I saw his face was pink again.
***
Natsu's P.O.V.
"Y'know," (Y/N) said as she walked closer to me. "That tomato face of yours reminds me of someone."
"T-tomato?!... Never mind that, who?"
She shook her head. "Just someone special to me." She looked away from my gaze and, as she was remembering something, she gave a gentle, loving smile. A smile she'd never given me.
Happy's P.O.V.
"C'mon, we gotta scare her!" I mouthed from behind bushes, watching Natsu and (Y/N).
"Huh?"
"In the movies, one hugs the other, asking them to save them, which a lot of times the guy is happy to do to impress the girl."
"Why do you care about that?" Saki questioned.
"Honestly, how do you not see anything the two of them when you see something between (Y/N) and Gray?"
"You baka, I was joking."
"Surrre."
Natsu's P.O.V.
We heard weird voices behind us.
(Y/N) shrieked and wrapped her arms around me. "Holy shit!"
My heart sped up. Honestly, what the hell was wrong with me?
"I suppose now I'm supposed to say something like, 'Darling, save me~!' Right, Saki? Happy?"
"How'd you know?!" Happy blurted out, popping out of the bushes, Saki following.
'Happy?'
"Because I heard you weirdos talking about making me snuggle up to Natsu and be a complete creep."
"What?!" My face heated up.
"I'm not as dumb as you give me credit for. I didn't hear everything because you clearly weren't actually speaking the whole time." She turned to me. "Tomato Face."
"Huh?"
"Why didn't you hear?"
"I just got distracted..."
Your P.O.V.
I was about to reply when I heard a moan. This time, Natsu heard as well. So did the two dumb cats.
There was another moan, this time louder. A pale, glowing hand shot between two trees.
"Were the rumors actually true?!" Happy squeaked.
"You idiots!" I shouted.
Natsu and I got the hell out of there and got separated from Happy and Saki.
Natsu's P.O.V.
"What the heck was that thing?" I said, gasping for breath. I got no reply. "(Y/N)?" Still no answer.
I turned around and saw that she had collapsed on the ground. "(Y/N)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm so so so sorry I never updated! (T▽T) It's been like a freaking month! I won't make up a lame ass excuse, it was basically pure laziness. I finally got inspiration to write again. Please vote, comment, and add this story to your library if you like it. Also, I just want to say thank you all for reading this story and supporting it! Sorry you have to put up with a crappy writer like me lol
Sayonara~ ;p