Chapter 12

My eyes snapped open as I heard a shout.

"Stay away!!!"

I frantically looked around for the source of the noise, only to see... (Y/N) was clenching her fists, still asleep, but she was crying. "No... Don't leave me... You promised!" More tears spilled down her cheeks. "Don't leave me... I'm scared... You, stay away from my family!" (Y/N) suddenly punched in a random direction, and in it's way just had to be my face.

A vein popped on my head, but I couldn't stay mad at (Y/N) in the state she was in. She's never looked like this before.

I was uncertain about how to wake her up, but someone obviously had to do it.

She then suddenly hugged me, as I just sat there awkwardly, shocked. "Shuroko... We promised to stay together!" She sobbed.

My eyes widened. 'Just what is she dreaming about?' I could feel her trembling.

I gently shook her, and after a few shakes, she slowly opened her eyes.

She looked around to see her arms wrapped around me and jumped away.

"I-I'm sorry!"

"It's fine. More importantly, are you all right?" I asked, concerned.

(Y/N) quickly wiped away her tears and smiled a crooked smile. "Yeah, I'm fine! No need to worry, I just had a bad dream."

"(Y/N), can I talk to you in private for a moment?"

I turned around to see Saki. I could tell that she had seen everything.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I nodded shakily and followed Saki.

We walked into the bathroom and Saki shut the door, then locked it.

"What's going on? What did you dream about?" She whispered quietly, her big green orbs filled with worry.

"It was just a silly dream. Everything is fine." I forced a smile, but my heart was still thudding.

"Don't lie! I saw everything. You can depend on me a bit more, you know," she said sadly.

My smile crumbled and I hugged her. "My family.... I can't move on..." I whispered, my eyes tearing up again. I then told her everything.

*** The Nightmare (Flashback) ***

'Where am I...?' I looked around to see pitch-black darkness. I reached out my hand, and couldn't grasp anything. I was all alone. I remembered my new friends in Fairy Tail, and of course Saki.

I started to smile, but a wave of nervousness crashed over me at the idea of not even my dragon slayer eyesight being able to penetrate this sea of darkness. Sure, I had friends, but I was still alone.

Then the scene changed, and I looked around to see I was back in my old house, and images from the night of my mother's death flashed before my eyes.

"Oka-san!" I screamed, sobbing on the floor. The scene then changed to when I saw Shuroko's dying figure on the floor. I ran over to her, hugging her desperately.

"You promised we'd make it out together!" I shouted shakily. Shuroko gave a weak smile, then became motionless and faded, along with the prison, and the scene changed yet again to when Shizenkai and I witnessed Haru's death, then mourned together, and then to when I was all alone with just the gray sash tied around my waist.

The images kept popping up, and I screamed, "Don't leave me!" Tears were streaming down my face, and Gaia's cruel laugh rang in my head as he appeared.
"Stay away!" I tried to punch him, but he faded, and I was left next to Shuroko's body, grieving, and then burying her, the only one I was even able to bury.

*** End of Nightmare ***

Natsu's P.O.V.

What's going on? I looked down the hall, in the direction of where (Y/N) and Saki had gone.

'Should I listen...?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Please vote, comment, or add this story to your library if you like it. You can follow me, I follow back :3 Also, if you like Attack on Titan, Free! or just supernatural/teen romance, feel free to check out my other stories
Sayonara~ ;p