Chapter 5

"We were trying to stop those men from killing innocent people. Thank you for finishing the job, but you punched our friend in the face." The strong-looking girl said.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I heard shouting, and I followed the noise, then I smelled smoke and ended up here. It took me a while to realize that guy was even there, and when I did, well....I punched him by reflex."

"Oh, it's okay!" A blonde girl said. You sweat dropped. 'Is it really okay?' Both girls were really pretty.

"Oh, um, what is Fairy Tail?"

"You don't know?" A black haired guy who had nothing on said.

"You're naked!!!!" You screeched.

"Oh, shit...." The man ran off to look for clothes, and came back a few minutes later, fully dressed. "Sorry about that..."

"Fairy Tail is a wizard guild," the red headed girl said. She acted like she was used to that guy flashing.

"Wizard guild?"

"Wow, you don't even know that?" The stripper dude said.

"No."

"It's a place where wizards take on jobs and help people," the blonde said.

"Oh."

"You should join!" The pink headed guy exclaimed excitedly, already back up.

"No, thank you." You said.

"But you're obviously a wizard. Come on, it'll be fun!" The pink haired guy insisted.

"No."

"At least come to look around!" A blue little cat with with wings said.

"....Well, I need to at least get my friend, I don't know what she'll think - wait, another cat?!"

"I'm right here!" Saki said, popping out from behind the doorway.

"Saki, what are you doing here?"

"Followed you."

"Another me?!" The blue cat said excitedly.

"Woah, another talking cat!" The blonde shouted.

"My name is (Y/N), and this is Saki."

The red head nodded and introduced everyone. "I'm Erza. It's a pleasure to meet you. This is Lucy" - she pointed to the blonde - "he's Gray" - she pointed to the stripper. "Yo," he said. "- that guy is Natsu", she nodded towards the pink haired guy -  "and the cat is Happy. "Aye, sir!" Happy shouted.

"Nice to meet you all," you said with a smile.

"Okay, let's go!" Natsu said. We brought the jerk faces along, turned them in, they received their reward, and gave some to me since I helped out, and we headed to Fairy Tail. I was amazed when I got there. The building was huge, and when I went inside with everyone else, Natsu shouted, "We're back!!!" Everyone looked over.

"Hey, who's the pretty girl?"

"Woah, she's hot!"

'Ehhh?!' Your eyebrow twitched.

Natsu and Happy showed you around while the other guys went off and talked to other people. "So, are you gonna join?" Happy said. "Or do you need to talk to a family member first?"

Your smile faltered. "No, I can't join... I, uh....need to go....I got some things things I need to take care of." That's right. This was for the best. Caring for things only brings pain. You still felt the pain and despair tightening your chest. It would never go away. You already constantly worried about Saki's safety. You hadn't planned on taking care of anyone.

They frowned, and Natsu was looked like he was about to say something, but you left. You headed towards the tent, and as you did, you heard noises behind you. And the familiar scent of Natsu. He smelled like a dragon. And you could tell Happy was there, too. You just ignored them. You stopped walking when you didn't see the tent where it should have been. "Saki, where's the tent?" You asked, turning to the red cat.

Saki grinned sheepishly. "Burnt it down by accident."

You laughed. "It's okay. At least our bags are still here."

You turned back to where the the tent should have been. "Ground Dragon's Vines!" You shouted, raising your hands.

Green light shone from your hands, and vines came from your hands and intertwined together, then disconnected from your hands.

You heard a gasp from behind you, and you sighed. "Come out already, Natsu. Happy."

There was rustling in the bushes, and Natsu came out, Happy right behind him.

"How'd you know?" Happy said. "Is it 'cause you're a Dra-"

"So you're a Dragon Slayer too?!" Natsu blurted out.

"Yeah, a Ground Dragon Slayer. Why?"

"I am, too! I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer," Natsu said.

"Cool! I love fire!" You said excitedly. That explained the scent of dragons. Then you remembered something. "Where'd you get that scarf from? It looks a lot like my

sash."

"It's the only thing I have left from the dragon who taught me my magic," Natsu said.

Your jaw dropped. "Same here! I was taught Dragon Slaying magic by Shizenkai and she gave me this sash.... but then she abandoned me...." You trailed off.

Natau's eyes widened. "Did she disappear on July 7th X777?! That's when my dragon, Igneel, disappeared."

"Yeah! Do you know anything?!" You asked excitedly.

"No.... That's what I wanted to ask you..." Natsu said, shaking his head sadly.

The two of you continued to chat, joking around and laughing as the two exceeds played together. You said you would think about joining Fairy Tail. You really wanted to. You could finally have a family again, but....that was just what you were afraid of. Finally Natsu left, Happy trailing behind him.

***The Next Morning***

You slipped into your usual outfit: a long blue tank top with gray on the sides and a zipper, black shorts, combat boots, and your gray sash.

You went for a jog with Saki on top of your head, and stopped in front of Fairy Tail.

"This is it," you muttered to Saki, who nodded, and pushed open the doors, then walked through.