Chapter 18

Your P.O.V.
Blue scales.
That's the first thing that flashed through my mind when I saw him. 'Could it be?... No... I'm not delusional.' But then... Why would he be looking for me? I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Lucy say, "Oh, (Y/N)? I'll bring you to her, if you like."
"(Y/N)?" Natsu's onyx eyes were peering into my face questioningly.
Lucy and the strange guy were heading toward me, weaving through the tables of chattering guild members.
"I gotta use the bathroom," I blurted out, abruptly standing up from my seat.
I quickly but (hopefully) casually slipped out of sight and out the back entrance of the guild.
The heels of my boots pounded on the slippery stone streets as drops of rain slid down my face, my (h/c) hair falling in front of my eyes as I ran.
I came to a halt on the edge of the canal running through town. I stared down at my slightly panting reflection, my hair messed up, my gray sash flowing in the wind. I peered into my own confused eyes, my breathing starting to even out. 'Why did I run?'
"He's already gone..." I muttered, taking a deep breath. I patted myself off, deciding to head home. As I tried to turn around, I slipped. 'Oh, shit..."
(Fun fact: I can't freaking swim. Those times where I went in that river with Shizenkai, well, I wasn't really swimming. I was more like a Magikarp. Anyway--)
My arms flailed ungracefully as I tried to balance myself out, which failed.
I braced myself, wondering how deep the canal was, but then I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back and turning me around. They lift up my chin and I was forced to stare into those bright blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean, navy blue bangs covering his forehead, a smirk at his lips.
"Still can't swim, eh?" He said in a mocking tone. "Oh and, no, 'he's' not dead, (Y/N)."
I stared at him. "Who are you?" I shook my head. "You're not Haru. He's..."
"Right here, idiot."
It was hard to believe, but as I looked into his eyes, I knew it was him.
My eyes watered. "You stupid idiot...idiot....idiot!" I said, lightly punching his chest. "I...I thought you were gone for good. You know how much I missed you?! Why didn't you come back?" I looked up into his widened eyes, his smirk gone. I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms tightly around him.
*** Natsu's P.O.V. ***
I had a feeling something wasn't right, so I decided to follow (Y/N). When I finally found her, she was really close to that guy from before. Then she embraced him. I looked away and headed back to the guild, wondering just what their relationship was.
*** Your P.O.V. ***
There was a long silence. "That's a long story. One you're too stupid to understand."
"Excuse me?!" I pulled away. 'Why does everyone say that? Quit stomping on my "pride"!' I thought, angry veins popping out of my head.
"You're excused."
"Nice to know my little brother turned into a smart ass while he was gone."
He looked away. "I'm not you're brother. And I'm older than you by two years."
"But you were like a fragile little flower with a tomato in the center instead of a pistil."
"The hell is a pistil?"
"Google it." Modern technology was becoming easier to get in Fiore. For some reason they never used to sell that kind of stuff here, hence the reason why I lack a phone to play music on. Anyway--
The two of us kept bickering, but I was so happy I could cry (again). 'Welcome back, Haru.'
*** Normal P.O.V. ***
Haru and you stood before your friends, the two of you now dried off. "This is Haru, my br-"
"-childhood friend," he interrupted.
A while later, after you had all talked, Natsu was sitting at the end of the bar, talking to Happy when something Mirajane said caught his attention.
"My, (Y/N) sure is popular with the boys, isn't she?"
"What do you mean?" Lucy asked.
"Well, from the looks of it, a little something is going on between her and Haru. And then there's Gray and Natsu-"
"Oi, what are you two talking about?" Natsu said, pointing to the two of them.
"Just girl stuff." Mirajane giggled. "But it's true that you and (Y/N) would make a good couple." Her blue orbs sparkled wistfully. "It's like something out of a shoujo manga, with the guy chasing after the girl, who's oblivious and then she slowly starts to fall for him without either of them knowing their true feelings and then-"
"Um... Mirajane, are you a fangirl?" Lucy asked, sweat dropping.
Mirajane giggled a bit more, clasping her hands together. "...Yes."
"Oooh, Natsu, are you blushing?"
"N-no! Not you, too, Happy!"
"You llllliiike her~!"
"N-"
"I ship it, too." Bright green eyes peered out from the shadows, and a bright red cat hovered over to the countertop and plopped down on it.
"O-oi! When the heck do you get here?!"
"This'll be interesting," Saki said with a wild grin, her usually rosy cheeks even pinker. She crossed her arms as she stared over at you and Haru.
"Don't ignore me!" Natsu exclaimed. He was about to say something else but instead he followed her gaze to where you were laughing, cheeks tinted pink, happier than he'd ever seen you. With Haru.
*** A Week Later ***
You were back at your house, in your backyard. It was midsummer, so the grass was still bright and green. It's been months since you joined Fairy Tail, and not a single person had found out your background, much to your relief. You leaned against an old pine tree, watching the sunset as it dipped lower, covered in pretty pastel colors like a painting.
A cute little bird fluttered down onto your shoulder. He/she shifted around a bit, tickling you. You slowly raised a hand to your shoulder and gently stroked it's wing. Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through your head, causing you to tear up a bit. Then a drop fell down on the earth, and the pain had gone as abruptly as it had come. And there it was. A patch of grass blades, withered and dead. The bird eyed it warily and quickly flew away. And you could see why. The bottom of a small, young tree next to the big pine one had died. What looked like black veins were slowly climbing up it and sucking the life out of it. Right in the patch of grass where the tear drop had fallen. You panicked, your chest rapidly rising and falling. You were supposed to heal plants, not kill them. 'What the hell was that?! I've never done that before! Right, I should heal it.' You put a hand on it. Nothing. You tried to concentrate harder on your magic. Still nothing. 'M-maybe my magic's just malfunctioning.'
You decided to go back to Natsu and Haru. Haru was here because he had decided to live in Magnolia, but he didn't have anywhere else to stay. Natsu was here because, well, he just felt like it. He came over all the time, and you considered him to be your best friend, though you didn't know how he views you.
Natsu's P.O.V.
"So, I'mma go cook something for you guys," (Y/N) said, disappearing from the living room.
"Ooh, ooh, ramen noodles!" I exclaimed as Haru said simply, "Ramen".
"Okay, that's not exactly cooking, but I'm hella lazy and was gonna make that anyway," she called back.
After that, Haru and I sat on opposite ends of the couch in silence.
"So... What exactly is your relationship with (Y/N)?" I blurted out, without thinking. 'Why did I say that?!' I sweat dropped.
Haru surprised me when his blue eyes softened as he gave a gentle smile, remembering something. "She saved my life..."
"What?" That caught me off guard.
"Well, neither of us have... Your average background, per say. I lost everything, and was near death. Even after everything (Y/N) has gone through, she still gave me a strong smile and helped me get back on my feet."
"What do you mean by that?"
"It's not for me to tell you that, but that girl's background is a tragedy, and she acts stupid like that for a reason. From when I met her, I've always lo-..." He shook his head, smiling sadly.
'He was about to say he loves her, wasn't he?' But I mentally shook my head and simply peered at him questioningly. There were more important matters to address. Why does it seem like every time I get closer to learning more about (Y/N), this always happens? But I decided not to pry. No one likes someone who butts into everyone's business. If there's a chance that (Y/N) will tell me herself someday, when she feels comfortable to, then I'll wait.
I could no longer deny that I didn't like the way I felt every time I saw the two of them together, but Haru seemed like an okay guy.
"Tch, what's that idiot doing?" Haru asked, glancing over his shoulder as he sat with his arms crossed over his chest, one leg over the other.
"Dunno."
Normal P.O.V.
"Here, you guys~" You walked in, carrying two plastic bowls with steaming instant ramen, your (h/c) hair tied in a side ponytail. Then there it was- that shitty threshold that you always tripped over whenever you entered the living room. Why did you always have to forget about it? You stubbed your toe over it and the ramen was up in the air. "Fuck-" You flapped your arms ever so gracefully, about to fall face first, but the two boys rushed to help. Since Haru was closer, he caught you in his arms, just like the time when you were reunited. By reflex, vines had grown out of your back to shield the two of you. As the soup hit you's, the vines flickered black for a moment, but they couldn't cover you enough. Your skin burned where it seeped through your clothes.
"(Y/N), are-" Natsu was cut off as he began reaching out to you.
"Are you hurt?" Haru asked worriedly, his (handsome) face full of concern.
You chuckled. "It's nothing serious, you're acting like I broke my leg."
The vines retracted back into your body.
"I-I'll go get some paper towels," Natsu offered, and he was gone.
Haru let go. You stared at his toned chest, and your eyes were drawn to his arm. "Hmm..."
"Um-"
You ripped his shirt off.
"W-what are you doing?!" He stuttered, blushing furiously.
"Hush, child." You dragged him to the bathroom and turned the sink on, soaking his shirt under the cold water. "Don't worry about the shirt, I'll buy you a new one." You then proceeded to dab at the red areas of his skin where soup had splashed on him. The rather stunning male specimen just stood there, staring at the wall, topless, and stunned himself. He then helped you with your burn. (No, you did not strip your shirt off for that.)
"I'm sorry, you burned yourself because of me," you said sadly.
"It's nothing," he said, staring at you.
"...(Y/N)."
You hummed a response, searching for any other burns.
"Why couldn't you just get a towel instead."
"Well, this was an emergency. And I wanted to see your blushing face when you realized you were topless in front of a girl~!" You grinned mischievously.
That caused his face to tinge pink.
"Ohohoho, that's right~"
"Why, you-!"
"Anyway, I have to get a towel," you said, turning around.
"Wait." Haru grabbed ahold of you wrist.
"Yes~?"
"How do you...really feel about me?"
"Huh?" You turned around to face him, a bit confused.
"How can you stay so calm?"
"What do you mean?" You asked.
"There's someone shirtless right in front of you, and you don't even seem fazed by it. You don't know what I might do to you."
"You're just my-"
"I'm not your brother. I'm going to make you see me as a man, whether you have feelings for me or not."
You stared at him blankly.
"Ha...ru..?"
You backed up into the wall. Haru came closer, his face nearing yours.
In the meantime, Natsu had finished cleaning up the mess in the living room. He then started to look in the different rooms. When he got to your bedroom he saw some bras and panties strewn over the floor. He blinked. Then he quickly turned his head away, his cheeks getting rosy, feeling a bit uncomfortable.
'I haven't checked the bathroom yet,' he realized. Then he heard a thud. "Ha...ru..?"
'Huh?' He inched over to the doorway and peeked in. He saw their heads close together.
(Y/N) kissed Haru.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sooo, I know I haven't updated in a while, and because I'm stupid like that I probably lost a lot of readers. I honestly forgot about Wattpad. I need to start updating more because I really do feel bad for what I'm doing to you guys, and to those of you who stuck with this story even after learning how unreliable I am the hard way, you're awesome. The good news is, school's over. Well, I still have to take two finals in the next two days, but I'm only in school for two hours per day. Anyway, that means I'll have loads more time to write, and when I feel like writing I don't have to worry about trying to make mental notes while I'm in school, or try to sneak a few lines down on a page. I'll definitely be updating again within this week, now that I'm cured of my writer's block. To those of you who DID put up with my BS all this time, please keep being patient. I'm trying to change my habits. Even if I'm really lazy about it, I enjoy writing this story, and as both my first fan fiction and story on Wattpad, I would really appreciate it if you continue reading it. For those of you who read my Attack on Titan fan fic, "Amnesia?!", if any of you have, here's some more good news. Yes, I will start updating again, but I'm changing the story. I want to rewrite it because, first of all, I think I wrote it terribly. Secondly, there are some things I want to change around a bit, such as Reader-chan's background. However, I will be keeping the main themes or whatever. When I'll post the rewritten chapters and continue from there, I'm not sure, but the first chapter should probably come out soon. I'm sorry if you're upset about the whole thing, but I just couldn't get myself motivated to write more. Btw, sorry if you guys are ticked out about the whole Haru thing. I need some complications in here, okay? I've always been strangely fond of turtle-paced, kawaii relationships (at least I hope you find this stuff kawaii lol). Okay, soooo, that's it for now, I don't want to bore you guys with my...strange life. BAI~~ ;3
.
.
.
Holy shit, this was a long Author's Note