Chapter 2

There was a mountain nearby, and you marveled at how tall it was. As you got closer to it, darkness had already slowly crept over you without you noticing and you collapsed, losing consciousness. You needed sleep, and food and water soon, or else you wouldn't make it.

***

"Where am I...?" You mumbled. You looked around and saw a...DRAGON?!

"EH?! What's a dragon doing here?! They really exist?!" You shouted at the sight of the beast, your eyes widened in shock. You had heard tales of them when you were younger, but you never knew they were real! This one was green and gray. It had beautiful, blazing emerald eyes that seemed to take everything in, and gorgeous wings that resembled leaves.

"Hiii, my name is Shizenkai, and I am a Ground dragon," said a femenine voice. It sounded like it was coming from the dragon.

"D-dragons can talk?!"

"Yep. So what's your name?" Again, her mouth didn't move. It must've been telepathy or something.

"(Y/N) (L/N)!"

"Oh hi, (Y/N)! It's pleasure to me you!" You could swear she was smiling. "Are you a wizard?"

"Aye!"

"Really? What's your magic?"

"Dark. It's complicated." You looked down. "I didn't want to learn it, so don't think I'm evil. And please don't ask about it..." I glanced up at the scaly beast and saw that she looked surprised.

"I won't. Sorry... Do you have anywhere to go?"

"No, I finally escaped his prison."

"His?"

"Dark Gaia's. He and I...go a long way back." When his name rolled over your tongue, it almost made you tear up out of anger and disgust.

Shizenkai's eyes widened a bit. "THE Dark Gaia? He's an infamous Dark wizard!"

"Yes..."

"Do you want to live here with me?" Shizenkai inquired. "I'll take care of you."

"Really?" You said. "Thank you so much!" You got down on you knees and bowed. "Say, were you the one who found me?"

"Yup, yup!" She said. "Yay! I made a new friend!"

You grinned happily. "Aye!"

*** A Few Weeks Later ***

"Say, (Y/N)?" Shizenkai said.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what Dragon Slayer magic is?"

"No. What is it?" You asked curiously.

"An extremely powerful lost magic that gives you the quality and powers of a dragon," Shizenkai said. "I can teach it to you, if you'd like."

"Really?!" You said excitedly. "Then I'll take you up on that offer!"

"Yep! Let's get to it!"

From then on, Shizenkai taught you all she knew about the world, and Ground Dragon Slaying magic. She was your teacher, trainer, and a second mother to you.

A year later, you and Shizenkai went swimming in a nearby river and saw a boy about your age with navy blue hair lying next to it, deeply wounded and unconscious. His face was pale. His shirt was ripped and bloody.

"Shizenkai!" You shouted. "Get the first aid kit!"

Shizenkai saw the boy and nodded once, then flew off toward the side of the mountain. You swam toward him and hovered over him. He was dry, so he couldn't have been drifting in the water. You checked his pulse. Still beating. You lightly slapped the boy's cheek. No responce. 'Sh*t....!' You thought. 'I hope he's okay.... These wounds are pretty bad.....' You had no idea what to do until the first aid kit got there, so you just sat there staring at the boy like an idiot. Then suddenly his eye twitched. He mumbled something, but you couldn't make out what. Then his eyes fluttered open.