Chapter 6

Lucy's P.O.V.

"So do you wanna go shopping with me today?" I asked Mirajane, taking another sip of my tea.

Mirajane shook her head, smiling. "Sorry, but I already told Elfman that I'd go with him to buy new weights."

"Oh, that's okay," I said, and stared off into space. That's when I saw the guild doors open, and that girl named (Y/N) came in with the red cat, Saki, following behind.

I walked over to her. "Hi again. Are you joining?" I said with a smile. I hoped she was. I could have a new friend!

"Yeah," (Y/N) said with a smile. That's when I noticed how pretty she was.

Normal P.O.V.

"Great! I'll go get the guild master." The pretty blonde girl named Lucy walked off and you stood there awkwardly, talking to Saki and feeling a little nervous.

A few minutes look later, Lucy returned with a short old guy.

"Master Makarov, this is the girl who wants to join," Lucy said.

"So you want to join, eh?" The old guy said, looking you up and down, his eyes lingering on your chest. You may be innocent and a bit clueless, but even you could tell this dude was a big pervert.

"So, what's your magic?" He pealed his eyes away from your chest, a bit reluctantly.

"I'm a Ground Dragon Slayer, and I also have fire magic."

Lucy's jaw dropped. She looked impressed.

"Really?! Excellent, then you're our fourth!" Pervy Gramps exclaimed. "Welcome to Faiy Tail! Go to Mirajane over at the bar, she'll give you your mark." He walked away happily. "Wow! Another Dragon Slayer, and another D-cup too!" He said quietly to himself.

"I heard that!"

He froze, then pretended not to hear you, and was out of sight.

Lucy sweat dropped. "Sorry about that, he's a big pervert. Anyway, I'll take you to Mirajane." She guided you to the bar in the back. "This is (Y/N). She wants to join our guild, so can you get the stamp please?" Lucy said to a pretty white haired girl with blue eyes. 'She must be Mirajane,' you thought. "Hi," you said with a nod.

"Yes, of course!" Mirajane said, disappearing. A few moments later, she came back with a stamp. "Where would you like it, and in what color?" She said kindly. You pointed to your (skin spot). "(F/c), please."

Mirajane nodded and stamped your shoulder. "All done! Now you're officially a member of Fairy Tail!" She smiled.

You stared down at your (skin spot) and admired the new (f/c) Fairy Tail mark. "Yay!" Next your exceed got a mark the same color on her back.

Lucy showed you around the guild, introducing you to people and explaining about jobs. You talked to the other two dragon slayers about their dragons while Saki played with their exceeds. That's when Natsu and Happy barged through the doors, Natsu shouting something about Gajeel being a jerk face. Then he saw you. "Oh, hey, (Y/N)!"

"Hey," you said with a grin.

He came over to Lucy and you and noticed your mark. "So you joined!"

"Yeah, I wanna go on my job first soon."

"You should join our team!" Natsu exclaimed.

You must have looked confused, because Lucy explained, "All guild members work together, but we have our own teams of close members that we go on jobs with. In team Natsu, there's me, Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla, Happy, and of course Natsu."

"Oh," you said. Then you smiled. "Yeah, sure, I'd love to be apart of your team! As long as Saki can be apart, too."

"Of course!" Lucy said.

"It's settled, then!" Natsu said excitedly.

I chatted some more with them, then Natsu ran off to play with Happy.

"Oh, yeah," Lucy said suddenly. "Have you gotten a new place here yet?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see it?" Lucy asked.

"Sure," you said.

You told Saki you were leaving, and she decided to tag along.

You brought Lucy to where your shelter made of vines was. You explained that you made it yourself using your magic.

She was amazed. "This is awesome, but you really need an apartment or something!"

You cocked your head. "Why? I can just eat plants and buy more food for Saki, and I don't need a fireplace, or lights."

"Still," Lucy said. "You need a more comfortable environment."

"But the forest is comfortable."

She sighed. "Listen, Ground Dragon Slayer or not, girls are supposed to live in a cute little apartment or house. You need a bathroom and a wardrobe, a nice kitchen and a fluffy bed."

"Really? I don't need any if that."

Lucy smacked her forehead. "Yes, really. Now, I'm gonna help you find a new place!"

"But-"

"No buts!"

Lucy let you stay at her place until you found the perfect apartment. It was a few days before you did. Saki loved it, too. It was cozy and had one bedroom, a nice, bright kitchen, a big, Japanese-style bathtub, and a pretty living room with a nice fireplace. Even if you didn't need it, at least you would be able to watch the pretty flames. Then you bought furniture. It was pretty nice for 65,000 Jewels a month. You thanked Lucy over and over again for helping you out.

You and your team had all decided that they would take you on your first job in five days so that you would have time to get used to Magnolia. You spent some of your free time in the bathtub. You loved water. You also trained in the forest, making sure to do it away from town. And you read novels, of course. The days went by quickly, and soon it was time to embark on the mission. You picked a simple one that paid quite a big reward. 6 dogs had escaped from a shelter, and you had to find them and bring them back. You, Saki, Lucy, Erza, Gray, Natsu, and Happy went. When you finally did find them, the owner was so happy. It made you feel warm inside to have helped someone. You all split the reward equally.

***Two Weeks Later***

"Can't believe it's May already," Lucy said, staring off into space.

"Yup!" Saki said, popping up out of nowhere. "That means it's almost (Y/N)'s birthday!"

"Eh?" Lucy said. "What date?"

"May 8th. This year it falls on a

Friday," you said, not really caring.

"Oh, really?" Lucy said, a grin creeping up on her face. "So in three days."

"Yeah, why?" You asked.

"It's nothing," Lucy said, looking away.

You just shrugged it off. You were too tired to care.

"Say, wanna go shopping?" Lucy asked.

"Sure!" You said. "I just need to take a nap, first. I didn't get much sleep last night...."