Chapter 1

"Get up, brat!" You grit your teeth, ignoring the thudding in your head and looked up. The man laughed at you, holding a knife in his hands.

"You're gonna continue to learn Dark magic and make me rich! Resisting is no use!"

"NO!!!!" You desperately pulled against the chains, but it didn't matter. Nothing did, resisting was futile. There was no more purpose in life.....but you would never kill innocent people, who did have something to live for.

"I'm your father, little girl! You should be grateful that your sorry little ass was even born!" He plunged the knife deep into your guts. Blood spurted everywhere, and the pain was unbearable.

"AAAAGGHHHH!!!!" You were losing too much blood, and fast.

"This is your punishment! I can just have a slave heal you, so I can hurt you as much as I want and make you suffer! Shuroko! Come here this instant!"

One man in black opened the door to your chamber and another threw a girl with a long black braid and a tattered and filthy dress in. "(Y/N)!" Your best friend looked at you in horror. "What have you done to her?!"

"Heal her, unless you wish for her to die."

She immediately started healing you, not caring that this was just what he wanted.

"No, please....I want to die...." You whispered, your voice barely audible.

"Don't say that!" Shuroko's voice was trembling, her eyes full of tears. "We promised each other we would get out of here! Together!" The glowing green light that had been radiating from her palms had faded, and you realized she was done.

"There's no hope anymore..." You whispered.

"That's right, bitch! Now, shut up with the mushy stuff and learn Dark magic obediently like a good little daughter! The only reason you're alive is because your blood is so powerful! It holds so much potential for a little brat like you," Gaia sneered, grabbing you by your (H/L) (H/C) hair and banging your head hard against the wall.

"NO!" You screamed, feeling pain in the back of your head. "I'll never kill someone and sink to your low, you fucking bastard."

"Do you need me to remind you WHY you must listen to me, Dearie?!"

Shuroko was on her knees, sobbing as she watched everything happen.

You spat on him.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said softly, a sadistic, insane smile spreading across his lips. He slammed your head into the wall again, this time making you black out.

You opened your eyes and looked around. 'Where am I?' You thought. Then you saw your mother, Kouki, skipping around the kitchen while cleaning and humming to herself. Then you saw a younger version of yourself wearing a white dress skip into the kitchen happily, little Shuroko right behind little you. "Okasan, what are we having for dinner tonight?"

"We're going to the festival. Shuroko, I already asked your mom if it's alright for you to come along with us, so you can, if you'd like. I have your clothes to wear there."

"Yay! Thank you, (L/N)-chan!"

"You're welcome!" Kouki smiled. "Now, I'm all done cleaning. Girls, here are your yukatas, now go get changed!"

Your eyes widened, remembering what this night was.

"'Kay!" The younger you and Shuroko chorused.

When you were done changing, little you and Shuroko were walking downstairs when you heard banging on the door. "Okasan, who's that?"

"I'm not sure," Kouki said.