Chapter 8

You walked over to the door and opened it. Erza and Lucy came in.

"Quick, sit down," Erza said.

You were a bit confused, but you sat down in the chair in front of your mirror.

Lucy leaned in and studied your face. She stayed silent for a few moments. Then she pulled away.

"Okay, we can't put a lot of makeup, since she never wears any, so it'll be easy to spot the difference. Let's just put a bit of mascara."

"Huh?"

Lucy leaned in again with a mascara thingy and gently put some on your eyelashes.

"You have long eyelashes, you know," she remarked.

Erza, in the meantime, was rummaging through your wardrobe.

"Hmm, these two look good together...so do these..."

She pulled out clothes and laid them on the bed.

"Try these on," she said.

"Um, okayyy..." You shot them a questioning glance as you brought the clothes into the bathroom.

They made you try on several outfits until they settled on a light pink dress with brown embroidery on it [picture attached to this chapter]. Pink wasn't really your thing, but you still liked it. It was from when you went shopping the other day with the two of them. You made sure to wear shorts underneath to be safe from your panties showing. You also wore high-knee, dark brown boots and, of course, your gray sash around your waist.

Then Lucy did your hair. You let her, since you had decided to go with the flow. She pulled it up into a high ponytail

Then they shoved you through the doorway.

"Hey, what's your deal?" You hissed.

They ignored you and brought you to the guild, Saki trailing behind.

"C'mon," Lucy said, tugging on your arm.

When you went inside, you saw some balloons and streamers and that kinda stuff.

Everyone looked up. "Happy Birthday,

(Y/N)!"

You eyes widened.

Then you looked up toward the ceiling and scratched your head. "Eh? Is today my birthday?" You wondered aloud blankly.

Everyone sweat dropped.

"Yes, baka!" Lucy face palmed.

"Oh, yeahh, you're right!" You said, hitting your hand against your palm.

Your cheeks grew rosy. They actually remembered?

"Thank you!" You shouted.

Some people laughed.

You all did the usual - talking, laughing, goofing off, and so on.

Natsu suddenly stood up from across the bar to face you. "I challenge you to a duel!"

Everyone went silent and awaited your response.

You stood up as well. "Fine. I accept your challenge."

People cheered. "My bet is on Natsu!" You heard someone declare excitedly. "Yeah, but, we don't know what (Y/N) is capable of, so I'm placing my bet on her." "I'm excited to see how good of a fighter (Y/N) is!" "Plus she's a total babe!" Another added. "But Natsu is so strong!"

Your P.O.V.

We both walked over to the middle of the room, and people backed up to give us space.

"(Y/N), I'm counting on you to beat Flame Brain!" I heard Gray say.

"I'm gonna win this!" Natsu said confidently.

"We'll just see about that!"

We grinned at each other.

"3, 2, 1... Start!" I heard Mirajane say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hahaha, I love to write cliffhangers xD As always, comment, vote, f4f :3 Sayōnara~!