Chapter 5

Dhruvika hugged Avyaan as if her life depended on him. That she might lose him forever if she lets him go while a smile crept through her face when she found him snaking his veiny hand around her waist and embracing her more.

"Dhruvika," he muttered softly and distances himself from her. This was the first time she had noticed him speaking softly. For once she thought he cared for her but again was proven wrong.

"Why are you here?" the softness in his voice was gone and she looked at him dumbfounded. What did he mean that why was she here or was he a complete idiot?

"Because I care for you," being honest, she replied. His eyes flicked for a second but the emotion was gone in a heartbeat. Dhruvika knew no matter what, her heart would never stop caring for him and he did too but why didn't he express his feelings was the question.

"Then don't," sternly responding, he waited for her to get inside Singhania Palace but she didn't. She was silent for a while, staring at the ground as if something interesting was going down there.

"Dhruvika?" he called, asking her to follow him behind. "What type of stupid response is that... clearly like you."

Was she calling one of the most desirable criminal lawyers of India stupid... Avyaan thought to himself and looked at her. For him, she was just another bratty girl spoilt by her rich parents.

"You haven't eaten anything," she shouted behind him as he walked along without saying anything further.

"Leave it."

"What about you storming in anger today because of the argument?" Dhruvika questioned, running behind because he was fast enough to walk away from her.

"Forget it."

Dhruvika rolled her eyes at him. She wasn't going to let him go away so easily, was she?

As much she hated him walking away from her but she found entertainment in seeing him replying in two words. "You are being arrogant," she complained.

"I'm being easy," Dhruvika huffed in fury at his response and slammed down the wall and brought her knees to her chest once they were inside the palace. She had waited for him all day, worried for her husband and seeing him being ignorant towards her made her frustrated. "I'm not going with you," she sobbed.

To hell with him and his temper... restored Dhruvika. She had her self-respect no matter how much she loved him. Dhruvika noticed him crouching down to her level and getting hold of her forearm, he threw her on his shoulder.

"Avyaan what are you doing?" she shrieked in fear, finding herself being carried on his shoulder as he walked towards his room.

What was he gonna do to her tonight... thoughts erupted in her mind which didn't seem decent to her. No, he won't... she prayed, wiggling to get out of his embrace.

"If you want to behave like a child, then I shall treat you like one," Avyaan threw her inside his room and her bottom touched the floor. Dhruvika saw the door getting closed from outside as Avyaan locked the door.

"But as long as I know, locking a child in a room forcefully is a way of bullying which is a crime in India or perhaps... in other countries too," banging her fist on the closed door, she yelled at him, thinking he must have heard her.

Blood rushed through his palm as Avyaan looked down at the folded knife in his hand that he had managed to get hold of it before it could have injured his wife and had successfully managed to tuck it under his sleeves before she could have noticed but on the meantime, he had arranged to get himself wounded.