Chapter 32

"Wait-- what are you all doing?" Dhruvika's voice was ignored as the servants buried their eyes on picking up the heavy boxes and dragging it out of her room without a word, inconsiderate about their madam's questioning and frustrated eyes looking at them with annoyance.

"Don't touch them," she huffed when they reached for her books. She strode towards them and gripped those books securely in her hand. "But  madam its an order... we don't have a say in this," the old maid turned, passing her a apologetic smile.

Before Dhruvika could reach out and enquire, they were found to be busy clearing up her staff. Helplessly, she dragged her feet and followed them and saw her husband leaning on the doorway. His hands folded across his chest and it took Dhruvika awhile to take in his appearance.

He stood in his all glory with just in his grey sweatpants. Two young maids hitched their breath at his sight as redness tainted their cheeks, Dhruvika noticed before she stood in front of him. His tall frame towering over her small one.

"What are they doing?"

"Shifting." He shrugged casually in response.

"Shifting? I- I never knew that there will be a day you were going-- to kick me out of this palace, Avyaan," she said with a hurtful expression. "You hate me so much?"

"Do you think I'm capable of doing that?" Avyaan voiced. Pang of sadness and hurtful feeling clenching his heart. He couldn't understand if she meant it by a joke or seriousness however, Avyaan couldn't imagine his life without Dhruvika Avyaan Singhania. As much as funny and stupid it seemed to his brain but it was true to his heart.

"Where are they shifting my stuffs?" She looked over the boxes, her words hinting with possessivness when she said her stuffs that Avyaan couldn't stop himself from chuckling softly. He shoved his hands inside his pocket before he turned to follow her gaze which were fixed on the servants doing there work.

"You are shifting into my room," he stated as her mouth hang open. "For what?" She couldn't believe he was the same man who had shoved her outside his room saying to stay away from the matters involving him and now he was here, declaring that she was shifting in his room without her consent.

"For protection..." Avyaan stated but sighed when he looked at her confused face. "Can't you see... I'm injured. What if something happens to me? You are my safeguard." He cringed internally as that was the dumbest thing he had ever said, a excuse to keep her close to him.

"You look perfectly fine when you roam around like this." She raked her eyes through his half-naked torso, the left eyebrow raised. He looked so... delicious! Dhruvika let the inappropriate thoughts out of her mind.

"Enough..." she said to the servants as they bowed in front of their Prince and left. ''That is the most stupidest lie you have ever told me, Avyaan," she walked inside, leaving him amused. First he had told her to stay away from his room and belonging and now he was himself shifting her in. Unbelievable...

"Where am I going to keep all this?" She glared at him as she kept the book on the bed. "In our room," he shrugged, jumping on the bed as he perched on his elbow. "You mean your  room," she corrected however he shook his head.

"Our room."

Dhruvika pursued her lips together but did not said anything instead focused on setting her things. The half of his walk-in closet were empty when she placed her clothes in it. Her eyes turning to face him and saw him intrigued in her books. It Ends With Us, the title said but what surprised her was seeing him reading one of the most painful romantic book she had ever read. It was her favorite though.