Chapter 33

"Yuvaan..." Meera murmured in a shaky breath as he kissed her. "I have guests outside and they are accepting me outside," she pulled away from him but he didn't let her go. For once he wanted her close to him. He wanted to feel his frozen heart that craved to move just for Meera. "Let them," he spoke softly.

"Leave me."

"Never."

Meera couldn't gather up the courage to hate him even if he was anything but nice. It could have been better if they stayed away from each other. He didn't wanted her then why was here after her and telling to never let her go?

"Why, Yuvaan?" She questioned as she stared into his eyes. "You said that you care less about me, then why? You don't want me Yuvaan." She turned to unlock the door as her back faced him.

"I don't want you Meera... I don't."

"It is because I need you."

She froze at her spot. Want and need were two different words but they left a huge impact and she realized it today. She had turned to leave when he locked her between the door and his arms. "Do you think it is easy for me to walk away from you while tears brim in your eyes? Do you think it is easy for me to hate you? Do you think it easy for me, Meera to fucking pretend not loving you when I know it is not fucking true?"

Meera for a second thought that her ears were playing but the eyes that stared straight into her told that it was true. For the first time, Meera didn't noticed the coldness in them. It was all gone and what was left in them was sadness. It was like even if he pretended to be the cold and quiet Yuvaan but the emotions that held in his eyes told how much of a broken soul was he from the inside.

"I can't afford to lose you Meera not like lost her."

"Her?"

Meera wondered what had he meant by that he couldn't afford to lose her like he lost someone else. Like he lost her. Silence spread across the room as she thought that realization dawned upon him. As much as she knew Yuvaan, he would shut himself off. From being the man to talk to everything to talk nothing and that scared her. For once she wanted him speak his heart out without thinking anything.

"Yuvaan... say something. Say anything please," she gripped his biceps in hers as she pleaded him. Her eyes searching his but he surprised her by slamming his back on the door and sliding down to sit and pulling her into his lap.

"Why do you want to know when one day you'll leave?" His eyes pinning into hers harshly. The grip of his hand which he had curled on her arms grew strong, almost making hard for her to breath.

"Yuv-"

He cut Meera's words by placing his fingers on her lips that itself shut when it came contact to his warmth. "You ask why can't I fucking love you like you do because I the person's I love tend to leave my life and I want you to stay, with me like you promised to, Meera. I loved her too but one die she left and I can't see you going away from me."

Meera sucked in her breath at his confess. Her mind was faraway to fathom any thoughts regarding of their surrounding, what was left was her wondering about how had he kept those words buried inside him as silence. She held her hand high and cupped his face, making those green eyes snap into her own. Yuvaan had stirred at her touch but did not protest.

"Why did she left?"

"Because I killed her."

* * * *

Sorry.

It was a foreign word coming from Avyaan. Dhruvika wondered had he ever said that word before? Probably not. She knew that his word could not change anything between them, then why had he been apologizing?