Chapter 9

{Before you all start reading this chapter, read this.
To those who are gracing their presence in each and every chapter by commenting, I really cherish them but from past chapters, I had seen you all do read but don't comment and that is why I'm getting demotivated and losing my interest in Wattpad.

I would be glad if do comment and vote because that really helps the author in writing the next chapter. Now back to reading}

Dhwani was standing on the stage with Rudra now while the paparazzi were busy clicking photos of the Singhania couples yet her eyes couldn't stop looking towards Vinay. She knew he was smirking at her as her father stood beside him with a proud smile. Not that he was proud of his daughter but the fact that he had signed a partnership with Singhania Enterprises by marrying her off with the third heir.

She couldn't stop feeling nervous under Vinay's predatory gaze and neither did she have enough energy to stand beside her husband who was boldly standing out of the crowd with a charming smile on his face, if only she knew he was raging inside by seeing a familiar face that Rudra had no desire to come across with.

"Stop shaking," she heard him whispering and that was when she noticed her hands. They were trembling and she couldn't understand why. It was not like Vinay was going to pull up a stunt after years of that incident.

The dance was over and the paparazzi were busy asking questions, some were answered and some nasty questions were ignored. Dhwani couldn't believe she did manage to dance with him, it was unexpected though she hadn't been any closer to a man before yet a person like Rudra Singhania who was a rascal. It made her feel cringe.

His touch on her skin was could still be felt as she touched her arm subconsciously. Rudra on the other hand had noticed how she was torturing those lips that were painted with beige lipstick, how she was biting them. He wanted to tell her to stop but chose not to. He wanted to free those lips that were meant for much more things rather than being bitten by her... at least yet dropped his idea.

Shekhar Iyer walked towards the couple with a smug smile playing on his lips. "My son-in-law," he cheered and Rudra clenched his jaw in anger. Dhwani could feel the tension in the air between the two however, they were pretending calm. She was more experienced to observe people by their behaviour and these two man were anything but on friendly basis.

"I hope she is not troubling you, if so, then forgive her. She is like our own," Rudra heard someone saying behind from Shekhar. That 'our own' had double meaning when those words were heard from someone like Vinay, Dhwani considered with glaring eyes darting towards Vinay.

Rudra moved his gaze from Vinay to Dhwani and then back at Vinay. "Dhwani and I are childhood friends as my father and Shekhar uncle are business partners from the day since she was born. Isn't it, Dhwani," declared Vinay, whilst taking her hand in his and kissing her knuckles.

She gasped inaudibly while taking her hand away from Vinay's hold as if his lips had poisoned her. There was nothing that Dhwani could do to throw him out of here. Her parents believed him, everyone did.

"Dhwani Darling, you never mentioned about this friend of yours?" Rudra took the same hand that Vinay did a while ago and he kissed her slender fingers slightly. Dhwani was looking at him with heated cheeks, what the hell was he up to? She questioned herself.

"Hmm?" she heard but it was like she had lost her voice when he was now kissing her wrist shamelessly. 'Heck, I never even mentioned about anyone in front of him' she thought and looked to notice that her father was long gone and now busy in talking with Jairaj Singhania. Vinay was looking at the couple that looked so much in love with wide eyes.