Chapter 38

Dhruvika could not convince herself for what was happening. The sudden shaking news of the blast. Arushi carrying Avyaan's child in her womb. Her fainting and falling on the floor- something unlike of Dhruvika but then again, Dhruvika had never received such news and now, all Dhruvika wished was to slip into some place that did everything to smooth the pain aching in her heart.

She gasped as the pain at it's mention seem to rise for once and she took a deep breath in response. It had been five hours since the outrageous news that spread around the palace like fire, people came and went. Whispers, cries, ordering- every of it had Dhruvika squeezing her eyes tight while tears pricked her eyes. She sat in his room- their room as Avyaan liked to say and now just staring at the emptiness of the dark walls.

"Dhruvika, I heard you aren't complying with the nurse." If there are some in the palace who wasn't affected by the events unfolding, it was Vihaan. His dark eyes scanned her face- pale and eyes without any emotion but only damaged feeling in them. Something in him twitched as his teeth made way to slightly bit his inner cheek.

With the attitude that Avyaan Singhania had keep up with him, it wasn't hard for Vihaan to believe that the man had cheated on his wife and gotten a woman impregnate under the same roof where his wife resided. Even if it was unsettling for Vihaan to know that he committed adultery while being lucky to have a wife like Dhruvika- too sweet and lively for someone like Avyaan but Vihaan did not bother to interfere or inspect anything from Dhruvika.

"You fell unconscious, you need rest," he informed.

"I will. I just need time," she replied with a sigh.

The doctor had nodded before walking away from the room, his eyes meeting the gaze of a man of the age of late-twenty who was unfamiliar to him as he leaned on the wall and glanced at Dhruvika- his current patient. Robin watched his sister, her body pale as if all the life had been suck out of her in just one second.

She wasn't the same when he had arrived at the palace, that Dhruvika was looked healthy and happy and now she looked something he hadn't wished for.

"Robin, any information about the blast?" About him. Robin let out a soft sigh, his shoulder falling as he looked at her. "Jairaj uncle believes it is has someone behind the blast, I do too but we are finding the culprit. About the brothers, we are trying to find them as soon as possible but it is hard, as if they have never existed. . . " Robin stopped himself when he saw her gasping.

"Would Avyaan be fine?" She asked.

Robin shook his head. "How can you care for him when he cheated on with Arushi?"

"Even if I don't want to but I still trust. . . it might make me look a weak, pathetic wife of still believing in her husband but Robin, I can't give up on us not until I confront Avyaan. I thought you of all the person might have trust Avyaan- you two are friends," she completed.

"Avyaan has never given me a reason to trust him but when it comes to you, I know I can trust Avyaan. He couldn't even withstand Arushi, Dhruvika," he explained that took Dhruvika off-guard.

"I thought he has a likeness of... her?"

"On which basis?"

"I don't know... I just want him to be alive and well with me. I miss him, Robin," Dhruvika cried out as her lips quivered and more tears threatened to slip out of her eyes.

"I--" Robin's words were cut off when a shattering sound came from the hall. Dhruvika watched Robin while the grumbling voice and shouting came from downstairs- she recognised those voices. Indira and Tanisha's voices were loud and clear as they called for something or specifically someone who stood in front of the room with blood in his white shirt and hair in a mess that she had never seen him in that state before.