Chapter 12

The weather wasn't sultry but still it made Rudra feel to stay under the shower all day, he thought once he stepped out of his office building. A lone sweat trailed down from his jawline to his neck as he huffed in annoyance. He regretted picking up a call in his life if only he knew it was going to bring him troubles.

"How is my favorite son-in-law doing?" The voice of Shekhar Iyer had always made his ears cringe and it was having the same effect as always today too. What in Devil's name took him to add a contact number of a man like Shekhar Iyer in his precious phone."How is my favorite father-in-law doing?" He questioned back.

He heard a deep laugh from the other side before he spoke, "I wish to see you kiddos for breakfast at my bungalow. I have something special for Dhwani," he said. Rudra wondered why hadn't she ever mentioned about her parents. Didn't she missed them. .. after all, she was pampered but for him, she was stubborn and stupid. The thought of her being so inconsiderate about her parents had never left his mind since the first day of their marriage but his answers had always ended with a shrug.

'Why the fuck should I give a damn about her?'

The line had went dead, not even allowing him to speak about anything. As if Shekhar Iyer didn't wanted a no from him. Certainly, Shekhar Iyer was clever but not someone to dominate a Singhania born. Rudra knew Shekhar can't intimidated him by his few words, he wasn't capable of doing that... his father-in-law was sacred. 'How adorable and cute' he thought. Now it was Rudra's turn to chuckle.

Thus, Rudra found himself standing out of the palace and waiting for her beside his expensive car. She did arrive in the same long slit light pink kurti that he had chosen for her. He had expected her to protest but much to his surprise, she didn't. Her long hair had been pulled into a loose fishtail braid with eyes just lined perfectly with mascara and kohl. That was how she dressed!

Dhwani lacked all the qualities of the women he took in his bed. He preferred a girl with a figure of hourglass whereas, she was slightly plump and brown skin and an average height while it certainly did came out a shock for everyone through media that a man like him was settling down with a girl like Dhwani. A girl that no one was aware was businessman Shekhar Iyer's daughter. .. including Rudra himself. Her look was the same as the day when they had visited the temple expect, that day she had let her hair open.

They reached the Iyer Bungalow and he had seen his mother-in-law standing near the door, in the anticipation of her daughter and son-in-law. "How are you Rudra son?" he heard her speaking and he just had returned her question with a nod as an answer. "Dhwani!?" A voice made out from behind Mrs Iyer's back that was capable of making him feel disgust as he noticed his wife being embraced.

Despite the fact that he had only met Vinay once, Rudra had developed a prejudice against Vinay. He was good-looking. No doubt, with a tall height that was just slight  inches smaller than Rudra and hair raven black, this man was enough to be considered handsome but one thing didn't seemed to fit right according to him. Vinay's brown eyes spoke a different story. It held the same wickedness in them just like him.

"I missed you," she squealed in his arms as if protesting to get out of the grip when Rudra slapped his hand away and pulled closer to him. She was his wife after all and no one touched what belonged to a Singhania!

"I'm Rudra Singhania. .. I guess we have met somewhere, didn't we? Mr I missed you guy!" Vinay stared at the young handsome man in disbelief. The red look on Vinay's fair complexion had clearly shown how embarrassed he felt but replaced it with a nervous chuckle.

"You don't need an introduction Mr Singhania. We certainly did met last night but you took away my best friend Dhwani away from me way more than I expected," Vinay laughed and saw the latter chuckle. "Indeed. .. after all, married couples have their own goals and aims," responded Rudra. A clearing of throat broke their conversation as they looked at Shekhar Iyer. Two young man. .. arrogance and cockiness from both parties. .. and a conversation that sounded friendly yet dangerous wasn't very good.