twenty four

Beverly

I wake up naturally, the sunlight streaming through the large windows. The last thing I remember was falling asleep fairly quickly after our steamy make-out session that was so conveniently interrupted by Mitch's phone call, and Harry's arm slung heavily over me before I drifted off.

My sleep was great. I felt so comfortable and although it was definitely a bit of an adjustment feeling someone next to me, it was all in all really nice to feel his warmth beside me. His bed was also extremely comfortable, that I didn't even want to leave it. My mind is still foggy, clips of last night running through my mind, him tenderly kissing my neck, me on top of him, his skin so silky on mine. I could practically smell his scent on me as I lay in his sheets last night.

I blink slowly, trying to adjust to the brightness, and turn to realize Harry is not next to me. I jolt up, concerned at the time, but realize it's only 7:02 AM, meaning I had an hour to get ready and leave for work. Yawning, I push myself to sit upright, wondering where Harry could be. I glance towards the bathroom door, but it was wide open and no noise was coming from there. Confused, I frown and fling the covers off my legs, swinging them over the side of the bed and letting my feet hit the cold floor.

I pad over to the bathroom, and brush my teeth quickly. I examine his bathroom more, a bottle of cologne called Gucci Mémoire sitting on top of a glass dish along with some rings and a cross necklace. I run a comb through my hair, freeing it of the knots and trying to rush to find him. I silently cursed myself at not waking earlier and freshening up before, only to sneak back in bed and be all perfectly done up by the time Harry woke, but he seemed to beat me to it, although I still had no idea where he was. Either way, I was not surprised at all that Harry was a morning person.

I change back into my clothes from yesterday, slightly disgusted by it, and fold up his borrowed clothes. I make the bed and set the pile on top, ensuring that everything looked presentable before heading downstairs.

With every step, the fragrance of breakfast food fills my nostrils and I immediately know what I'm about to find. I make my way to the kitchen, and of course, there's Harry, standing at the stove with ear buds in, bobbing his head slightly as he flips a pancake. On the kitchen island lay several plates filled with eggs, bacon strips, and fruit lay on top. The satisfying sound of a sizzling pan rings in my ears as I inhale deeply, taking in the scents that filled the air.

"Harry," I call out, approaching him. He doesn't react, back still turned, as he begins to hum slightly to the song playing in his ears. I giggle, making my way around the island. "Harry." I call again slightly louder, but he still doesn't turn.

I sneak up behind him, laying both hands on his shoulder as I yell once more. "Harry!" He jumps back, the shoulder I touched jerking upwards away from my hands. His eyes are widened in shock, eyebrows frowning, but his expression quickly turns into a smile as he removes an ear bud.

"Bev," He chuckles and I can't help but laugh. "Jesus."

"Sorry, it was too easy." I slide both hands around him and he hugs me with one hand as the other is grabbing a spatula.

"I was going to wake you in a few minutes." He begins, his eyes incredibly green due to the brightness of the room. His voice is slightly raspy, laced with sleep still. He talks low and slow, and it's incredibly attractive.

"When did you wake?" I ask, not letting go, and he sets the spatula down on the counter, resting both his hands on the sides of my face, and looking at me for a few seconds before leaning in and gently kissing my lips in a way that was so tender and perfect it made me want to stay in that position forever.

"Half an hour ago." He responds, returning to the stove to tend to the pancakes as I let my arms slip from his body. He grabs the spatula and transfers the finished pancake to a plate that already held a stack of three. "Thought I'd make you some breakfast before work." He grins, seeming so proud of his creation.