thirty four

Beverly

I wake peacefully, stretching my arms over my head and blinking furiously as the sun streams in through the curtains.

Last night was a dream come true. I had the best moment of my career to date, the party was so fun, and above all, Harry was there for all of it. We even went public with our relationship.

Speaking of, I haven't checked my phone since we arrived at the after party so I had no clue what people were saying about the news. I only had to assume it was out already, and that people were reacting. I look to my left and the bed is empty. I frown, slightly confused, but not concerned.

He must be in the bathroom or something. I think, and stay silent, listening, but hear nothing.

I reach over to grab my phone from the table next to me, and check it. I open a message from Harry that was sent a few minutes ago.

I'll be back in a bit if you wake up to me gone. H. Xx

I smile, and open up my socials, and sure enough, my Instagram is blowing up. A ton of new notifications and follows. My eyes widen at the fact that I have gained over 60,000 new followers. It was already creeping up once people started spotting me with him, but overnight, I have amassed a total follower count of 78,000 and rising. I guess that's what happens when you're dating one of the most famous Pop singers in the world.

I dared a peek at my comments, and most were actually extremely pleasant.

you are so beautiful!

You're so lucky to be dating Harry Styles!! Sending love from Brazil!

Wow Harry never fails to date the most gorgeous women.

But others looked a little something like this.

Wait, Harry with a mediocre white girl? No surprise here.

Whyyy is he dating her? She's a literal nobody.

Lol guys, they're not gonna last.

Ouch.

I close the app, and check the rest of my texts which consists of everyone sending me links to the article announcing our relationship which I skim through. It was based solely on fact and not opinion, which I appreciated. The quotes were taken how we said them. The only opinions in it were actually about how good we looked together.

My parents were texting me non stop. Mom gushing about the dress I was wearing, while Dad just gave a quick thumbs up emoji with a few screenshots of us on the carpet together.

Mel left me several voicemails apologizing and recognizing that there was a time difference, but ordering me to call her immediately upon me waking up even if it meant she would be asleep.

Even Jesse, my younger brother texted me a screenshot of the article referencing our relationship.

Yo, is this true? If so, sick. Bring him by.

I laugh at that, and it's the only text I respond to. I then call Mel as I push myself out of bed, and make my way to the bathroom.

"Hey, you!" She answers, her voice sounding groggy from sleep.

"Did I wake you?" I ask, putting her on speaker and tying my hair up into a bun. I splash cold water on my face and begin preparing my toothbrush.

"I told you to, so that doesn't matter at all. Now tell me everything! How's Milan? How was the show? I saw the article, when did you decide to go public?" She raves.

"It's amazing, Mel. So gorgeous here." I say, as I begin to brush my teeth, which I realize, might be a mistake as I attempt to speak. "The show went so well. The peak of my career so far, for sure. The after party was so fun. I'll send pics later, but I met Rihanna!" I squeal, spitting out some of the foam.