thirty three

Harry

I pushed my way through the exiting crowd, going in the exact opposite direction of everyone else. All I could think about was getting to Beverly. Everyone was running into me; bumping into my shoulders, setting me back a step each time, but I powered through. 

The show was fantastic, although after Beverly's speech, I admit I tuned most of it out and was only focused on seeing her after the show. 

"Sorry, s'cuse me." I mumble as people continue to fly past me, not even noticing my presence as they chatted away with the other people around them. 

Finally, after what seemed like a million years, I end up near the entrance backstage. A security guard steps forward, before realizing who I was, and immediately steps aside, nodding his head once in embarrassment. I try and give him a warm smile; an unspoken 'It's fine,' before walking back. 

It was even more chaotic than the dispersing crowd I just got rid of. Models tearing off their show clothes just to put other items on, and I rip my eyes away, scanning for any sign of a brunette, beautiful woman that I desperately needed. I continue walking, aware that people are now noticing my presence, as their eyes widen while I brush past. 

"Oh my - it's Harry Styles. What's he doing here?" 

"Looks like he's looking for something." 

"Or someone." Another chimes in. 

"Wait, isn't he dating the girl that gave the intro speech?"

I ignore all the whispers, and continue straight back to where Beverly and I had a bit of fun earlier, hoping she's there. I approach the closed door, and am about to knock when it flies open, revealing my gorgeous girlfriend. 

"Oh - hi!" She immediately lights up, making my heart swell, as she throws her arms around me. I do the same, and breathe in her incredible scent. "I was just about to call you." 

"You did amazing, baby." I whisper in her ear and she giggles sweetly. 

"You think?" She asks humbly. 

"I know." We break our hug and I stare into her shimmering eyes, and I can tell she is proud of herself, regardless of if she lets herself say it out loud. "What's this outfit?" I ask, looking her up and down, her hands in mine. She seemed to have just gotten dressed in a beautiful, taupe silk gown. 

"Celebratory after party. Come with?" She pleads, sliding her arms around my neck. 

"Of course. You look stunning." I kiss her cheek. "But tomorrow, you come with me? I have something planned." I tell her and she raises a brow. "We'll celebrate just us two." 

"Oh? What is this something?" She asks, the corner of her mouth raising to a smirk. 

"You'll find out. It's a surprise." 

"Hmm, that just has me more curious. Give me a hint?" She  tucks her bottom lip between her teeth, making me want to take her back into the back room we were in before the night started. 

"You wish." I tease, and sling an arm around her shoulders, loving the feel of her head against my chest as she laughs so deep I feel the vibrations through my body. 

"Come on. Car is waiting for us outside." She grins, and we walk out after she gathers the last of her stuff. 

Thankfully, we exit through the private door again so that no flashing cameras are there to blind us as we get to the car. I pull the door open for her and hold out a hand so she has some support as she climbs in, one hand on mine and the other holding up the bottom of her dress.