thirty

Harry

I stop the running water, still in awe about what just happened. Drips of water fall from my wet hair, as I open the shower door to grab a towel. I shiver, thinking about the taste of her skin, her hot body on mine, as I wrap the towel around my waist and step out. 

I was a bit curious why she never joined me in the shower but I wasn't going to question it. We just reached a major turning point in our relationship and I didn't want to push or pressure her further.

Still reminiscing about her heavenly body, and how good it all felt, I walk to the mirror, which was fogged with steam. I wipe it to get a better look at myself. My cheeks were slightly flushed, droplets of water covering my upper body. My hair was a darker shade of brown, the ends of my curls dripping more water onto my skin. 

As I dry myself off, I realize how oddly quiet the atmosphere is. All of a sudden, my mind is filled with thoughts. 

Is she even out there? Did she leave? Did she enjoy it? Is she just embarrassed?

I frown, and speed up the process, running a towel messily through my hair, and slipping my clothes on as fast as possible. I tidy up the bathroom slightly, before opening the door. The steam rushes out into the hall, and I step out, a rush of cold air hitting me and creating goosebumps on my skin. 

"Bev?" I call out, and walk further into her room. She's sitting on the edge of the bed, her head hung, looking at her lap. I frown, worried that I did something wrong. I hear slight sniffling, as if she's been crying. My strides are long as I approach her quickly, wanting to see if she's okay, but anxious at what's wrong. "Bev," I say again, placing a hand gently on her shoulder. I fall to my knees, my eyebrows furrowed as I was now very worried about her. I look up at her, and she peers at me through reddened eyes, slightly swollen I'm assuming from crying. 

"I'm sorry," She sniffs, toying with a crumpled tissue in her hand.

"You alright?" I ask, my voice slow. "What did I do? I'm sorry if I - "

"No, no!" She stops me, her tone concerned. "Please, don't apologize." She pleads. "It's not you, I promise." Her hands meet mine, and she gently tugs on me.

"Then what... how can I help?" I ask, getting up and sitting next to her on the bed. 

"You can't do anything," She sighs in defeat. "Lucas was just here. He basically just ended our friendship." Her eyes well up with tears at this sentence, and I sigh as an overwhelming feeling of empathy comes over me. I cared about her so much, it hurt to see her like this. 

I also couldn't help but feel incredibly angry that he caused her this pain, and that it had to happen right after a major turning point in our relationship. I wanted to maybe talk about it, reassure her that I was really falling for her, maybe cuddle a bit. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"He knocked on my door, admitted he loved me, heard your voice, and stormed out. Told me he was done and got so angry. I think he's drunk." She tells me. Her voice is shaky and quivering as she explains, and I can tell she's on the verge of bursting into tears again. 

"I'm sorry love," I sigh, pulling her body into mine for a hug. I can feel her body trembling as I hold her, and when she pulls away, tears are streaming down her cheeks. "Bev," I mumble, my eyebrows furrowed together. "Please don't cry." 

"I'm sorry, we had such a good night, and he had to do this." She says, as I swipe a fallen tear with the pad of my thumb. 

"Hey, it's okay." I assure her, only wanting her to feel comfortable and okay. I wasn't really even thinking about any of that anymore, I just wanted to be there for her. "Don't worry about that right now."