10. Rambunctious

Penelope's pov:

         It's been three months since Ellie's been sick and she's much better now. She's zooming around the house on all fours, she's quite faster than me even on two feet. She's even progressed to say a few more words. She calls her sippy baba and her paci nee-nee. I'm not sure where it came from and It took me quite some time to realize what she was asking for but it it cute hearing her over the monitor when looking for her paci in her crib saying "oh...nee nee, oh...nee, nee neeeee."
Currently I'm sitting in the living room on Ellie's play mat while she is slamming her sippy cup into it and I'm singing the itsy bitsy spider to her. She hasn't fully grasped her verbal skills but tries her best to sing along which is just sounds she thinks are the same as the words in the song.
"Uh uh uh" she grunts moving her elbows and arms in a way similar to the chicken dance and bouncing on her bum; making me giggle and grab her up pulling her into my lap only getting more giggles from the girl. I smile down as she leans up grabbing my face, to give me a big open mouthed kiss to my nose. I wipe the slobber and kiss her nose back. She snuggles into me for a few minutes before patting my breast with her hand "want milkies?" I coo to my baby only earning hard tugs to my shirt. "Mamaaaa" She hasn't learned how to say milkies yet But we're trying.
Elle drains my left breast before I move her to my right. I decide to turn some Disney tunes on, my little baby loves music. Her little bum starts trying to wiggle in my lap while still latched to my boob. She doesn't last much longer and she unlatches to wiggle her arms and legs in my lap. I grab her hands and I stand holding her up on her feet. She can't walk well on her own but she can stand up by herself. She steadies herself with my hold and continues to kick her legs out while shaking her little bum side to side. "Yeah Ellie! Go Ellie!" I cheer her on making her giggle. I throw her to the air and catch her, she shoved her face to my neck with a big smile on her face. I plant her feet back down to the floor holding her hands that are still wrapped around my finger. She's facing me now and she starts to do little squat like dances moving her bum up and down to the beat of 'I just can't wait to be king' from the lion king.
My plans for the day are to take my lady bug toy shopping, she has necessities but just not enough toys in my opinion. She's more aware of her surrounding now and has grown quite the interest to the shows bubble guppies and Ni Hao, Kai-Lan which she calls bub gups and how how Lan Lan. She's now in her high chair slapping the tray with her hands singing "how how Lan Lan, saaa how how" over and over again. I'm thinking it's 'ni-hao Kai-Lan say Ni Hao'.
I get the silly baby, a ravioli toddler meal ready in the microwave while; I get myself some left over chicken and dumplings for lunch.
I blow her raviolis and feed her slowly. She makes quite the mess, luckily she has a lot of bibs in her collection to keep her clothes clean. I've gotten us dressed to go to the mall already so I'm trying to keep her adorable pink outfit clean. She finishes her meal and picks up her sippy. She loves juice now specifically apple, anything else is "bad juju"
"Juju" I hear from behind me before I also hear a thud and then small bouncing. I turn to see Ellie's sippy on the ground, and Ellie's lip out in a pout. "Why'd you'd throw it, bug?" "Juju" is the only response I get.
I pick up the empty cup and realize she is upset it's all gone. "All gone" I say before filling it back up with watered down juice and lift her up. I change her wet diaper before getting her blankie and tucking it in her arms. I clip her paci to her shirt as well as grab her diaper bag before my keys and lock up the house.
I put Ellie in her car seat, she still doesn't love car rides so the moment she is in the seat her head slams back and she starts wailing. I put her sippy in her cup holder before closing her door and making my way to the drivers door. Once in the car I turn on happy toddler songs but when I look back, her screams have intensified. Her blankie is on the floor and so is her cup, I sigh and coo at her the whole drive.
        Once parked and out of the car I make my round to Ellie's door, her cries turn to sniffles when she finally touches me. She pull me as tightly as she can, I put her blankie and cup in her diaper bag before I sling it over my shoulder; making my way into the store.
        My coo's finally soothe the upset baby and by the time I walk into the toy store her eyes light up as she looks around in amazement. She lets me place her in a cart with a fun toy steering wheel attached, she pushes the middle button emitting a squeaky noise.
      Ellie continues to press the button throughout all the isles not giving me or the toys much attention. I ask her to look at toys I put in the cart but she doesn't look up until I shake a green frog rattle in front of her. She instant reaches up grabbing the packaged toy and shaking it vigorously giggling along. I smile and put a bear rattle in the cart as well.
           I'm looking at sensory toys when I feel eyes on me, I turn and look all around but I don't see any one in sight. My baby is still shaking her rattle happily so I just shake my head. I take a few steps away from Elle to look at a toy train when Ellie starts crying. I immediately turn to her and her rattle is on the ground and she's screaming.
         I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I thought something happened. I think while bending down to get the rattle and try to hand it to Ellie, she refuses though causing me confusion. I thought she was upset cause she dropped her toy, she's reaching for me. When I lift her out of the cart she clings to me as if she's scared.
         I push the cart to the register and all while paying I feel eyes on me. Ellie is crying softly into my shoulder as I walk us to the car and get our bags in before I get her strapped in.
           Separating her from my body causes her to scream "shh shh baby it's gonna be okay" I coo before rushing to the drivers seat and locking the door. I though we were safe but half way home I notice a black car has been following my every turn.
         I wanted to rush home and Ellie's screams make me want to get there faster, but this bad feeling makes me put her safety first. "I know you want mommy baby" I coo making quick turns going the complete opposite direction of home.
       After an hour and a half I finally lose the car, Ellie is still screaming and I feel my breast milk leaking from her hunger. She's overdue for milk and this whole situation has distressed her even more.
       I finally arrive home 30 minutes later and I rush inside letting Lars outside and crashing to the couch with my crying girl. I get my shirt off and she's latched drinking hard, She finishes quickly and whines for more. I switch her, and it's not until my left breast is mostly drained, when she finally relaxes in my arms.
      My milk runs out but she keeps suckling until her eyes fully drop and I switch my nipple for her paci. I finally relax myself rocking my sleeping baby in my arms. I sigh upset our evening got derailed, I was going to get us a pizza on the way home.
       I put Ellie in her sleeper with her blankie and let Lars in before I make myself a quick dinner. Ellie sniffles in her sleep but doesn't stir too much, I finish my dinner quickly and take Ellie to bed with me and lars. After today I want Ellie in bed with me, she nuzzles herself into my side once we settle into the mattress. I cover us up before Lars jumps up and lays across my stomach, I rub his head enjoying his comfort as I fall asleep with my little family.