12. Not her legal guardian

A/N - List of triggers
Grief
Starvation
Name calling
Physical violence
(If I miss anything please let me know, it's never my intention to trigger anyone)

Third person pov:

Penelope had gone to the police station every day that week, she set up a search and rescue but the cops shut it down since after the park she was taken to a secondary location. "Most people never return from a secondary location, I'm sorry miss." The detective tries to warn me. "No! She is not gone" Penelope scream at the man. A detective not in the case observed the scene in front of her. Penelope see's the red head walk over and wave the man off. "I'm officer Parker" she says. Penelope looks into her sparking green eyes and almost forget why she's there, almost.

       "M-my baby...sh-she's been kidnapped" the woman nods and gets Ellie's file "there's not much information here" the woman sighs before looking up, "is there anything you can tell me? Maybe anyone who might want to harm your daughter?"

        I explain how I found Ellie and the man who had her before me. "He's a reasonable suspect" she nods her head while writing something down. "I'll review the camera at the park you took Eleanor to and see if he shows his face, if so we can look into our databases and see if there's any traces of him in our system." The detective explains to Penelope and she gets her hopes up. 'Maybe this warrior goddess can be the savior of my sweet darling baby.' Penelope thinks to herself but shakes the thought out of her head feeling guilty for the attraction she has for the woman. 

      "I'll call you when I have any details." Detective Parker says while standing and holding her hand out professionally. When Penelope reaches for her hand to shake it their eyes meet and they hold hands for a moment too long before they both break away. Penelope rushes out of the police station feeing a tingle in her belly.

                   ••••••••••••••••••••

            Once home Penelope is rushed with the feeling of emptiness. The laughter and happiness the girl once filled the home with his now vanished, even Lars is moping about the house.

         Lars goes outside and comes back quickly to lay next to his human. He usually likes to play for a while outside but not since Ellie's been gone.

       Penny knows she needs to eat but can't seem to make herself do anything. She hasn't even showered and has been wearing the same hoodie with stains on it, not caring about her appearance.

          Penelope is angry at herself for not trying to become the girls legal guardian sooner, she just thought she had more time. The police say there's so much less she can do to help the girl. She's an adult but with her special case she needs a legal guardian to be able to make decisions for her. The police try to tell penny she ran away and is drunk somewhere but she's just a baby, not a 23 year old woman.

       Penny groans at her thoughts and lars paws her hands before laying his body across her. "Thank you bubba" she sighs needing the deep pressure therapy he is giving.

                   ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ellie's pov:

       I have no idea how long I've been away from mama. I don't think she's ever coming for me, the man who calls himself daddy is very mean to me. He won't give me food and only gives me a bottle a day, it's very yucky. He gave me a better bottle before I was with mama but now it makes me sicky in my diapiees that he keeps me in for long times. My bum bum hurts and I cry but he just yells at me but I just miss mamas milkies.

       I also miss my oggy an an blankie an neenee. I start wailing and hear the door open, I open my eyes to see meanie daddy. "What are you being so annoying for, you little shit." His tone makes me cry harder, his pet names aren't nice like mamas were. I sob out "n-nee nee" I beg for any form of comfort from the man.

      He laughs and kicks me over, standing on my chest and stomach making me throw up the white icky milk he gave me. Once I finish he slaps me hard, "you can't have anything. Especially not whatever a neenee is." I sob and try to sit up but he pushes me back down making my head hit the ground and the darkness wash over me.

Third person pov-

     The girl is passed out with formula all over her body, Aiden walks out of the room laughing before he closes the door and locks it. He walks into the office with the rest of his gang. It's poker night and he's winning, which is why he went to Ellie's room to celebrate his victory.

      When Ellie wakes up she crawls to the farthest corner, her head is pounding and she can't think as clearly as before. Ellie curls into a ball and uses her diaper again making her whine quietly due to her severe rash. This act overflows her diaper, leaving her in her own mess. She's shaking from being wet, cold, and scared. Her last thoughts before she lets sleep overtake her is 'I hope mama doesn't forget me.'

                     •••••••••••••••••

        Penelope finally forced herself to eat, she had no energy to cook so just ordered some Chinese takeout. She's eating in silence when the door bell rings, she sighs before her and Lars go to investigate. She opens it to find her parents at the door, "mom? dad? What are you doing here?"

      "Mel told us everything" her parents say stepping in and closing the door before they hug their daughter tightly. She melt into their arms and sob letting everything go, not needing to be strong for the time being. Her parents guide her to the couch and hold her for a long time before her dad goes to reheat her dinner for her. "Thanks mom and dad." Penelope sniffles. She wouldn't admit it but she needed to be cared for right now.

       Penelope's parents know she struggles with depression and anxiety. During a time like this they knew she would try to be strong but her baby is missing and she needs them.

Her parents get their bags and move into the guest room, they plan to make sure she eats and takes care of herself starting with a shower.