15. Oggy and nee nee

Ellie's pov:

~~dream~~

      I see the woman again and she looks like the lady by the hospital bed 'I wonder if I have met her before?' I think to myself as I watch her help me stand, I start to shiver because the mean men make me walk even though it hurts my legs; But she just holds be up by both my hands. We start moving our bodies in a wiggly way I don't quite understand but I'm giggling and the woman I met today is cheering me on. She's so nice, she deserves a good baby not a bad girl like me.

~~~~~~

        Penelope's pov:

         I woke up an hour ago and got coffee from the hospital cafeteria. I'm sitting next to Ellie's bed reading a book when she starts to stir in her sleep. I put the book aside and focus all my attention on her, she turns five minutes later and looks at me confused. "What is it, Ellie?" I wonder, she just shrugs and covers her head with the hospital blanket.

"I have some of your things, baby!" I tell her hoping she will remember more if she sees them I pull out her comfort items. "NEE NEE" she shouts reaching for it making tears prick my eyes, I blink them away. "That's right sweetie it's nee nee" I agree putting the paci in the girls mouth making her smile.

        All my stress and worry from the last year just washed away, seeing her smile made me feel a million times better. Even though she doesn't remember much and is afraid of me, she's safe and this is a big step to going in the right direction. 

      I reach down and grab Eleanor's blankie and frog when the doctor knocks briefly before he comes into the room. "Ellie did great through the night as well as this morning, she has a concussion and some brain trauma as well as her broken ribs so be easily lifting her. She will suffer from major headaches but I think she is ready to go home after lunch. Please work on her eating though as she doesn't seem to want anything without crying hysterically." I beam at Eleanor, "we get to go home, angel!" Ellie whines and hides her face in her blankie and frog, she seemed to have taken them from my hands while I was conversing with the doctor.

The doctor goes to get her discharge papers ready and I stand getting the bag together that I prepared for Ellie. While I'm putting diapers and wipes into her bag I hear a knock on her door before it opens slowly. I look up expecting to see a nurse but see my parents, Melinda, and Candice. "Hey guy's" I say confused why they're here.

Before they can respond a nurse comes in with a tray of food for Elle, she places it beside her before leaving quickly so my parents can speak. Out of the corner of my eye I see the girl scoot as far away from the food as possible.

"We know Ellie doesn't remember us but we brought her gifts." My mom says with a smile, I take the 4 bags and the heart shaped balloon and thank them. I put the gift bags with Ellie's bag and the shopping bag I have from the gift shop. I got her a frog stuffed animal but I don't want to overwhelm her, she barely remembers the things she already owned.

Ellie's pov:
Im hiding under my blankie, I don't want to go back to the mean man, I wanna stay with the nice lady. I'm crying silently thinking about going back to the cold crib.

I peak out of my blanket when I see people come in with bags and a floaty thing, I want to poke it but I know they will yell at me.

I see them leave a few moments later, I pull the blanket off of me and look at the nice lady with a pout. She walks over to me making me flinch, she frowns stepping back and sits down instead. She reaches for the nums in front of me and tries to put it in my mouth, I put nee nee in instead and turn my body away Since I not allowed to have it.