11. Picnic in the park

Penelope's pov:

I'm getting Ellie ready for a day out with Linus. My sister called and she can't find anyone to watch Linus, when I said yes I could hear him over the phone begging to go to the park.
Ellie doesn't want to be anywhere but my arms today though, making me feel uneasy at the idea. I reluctantly agreed so I take Ellie downstairs and get a picnic ready with snacks, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, applesauce pouches, water for me, and juice for the kiddos.

She's laying her head on my shoulder having just woken from a nap she's still a little sleepy. "Are you excited to go to the park baby?" I ask her softly after kissing her head. She just shakes her head causing me to frown in response. I was going to respond when the door bell rings causing Lars to bark. I zip up the bag with food before opening the door for my sister and Linus.

   "LARSYYYYYYY" Linus screams and runs to him. "I hate to just drop him and go but I'm running late for my appointment" she kisses my cheek and walks away. I shake my head at Sheila as she walks away She's always late "park park park!" Linus chants making Elle whine and turn into my chest.

           "Babyyyyyy!!!!" Linus screams making Elle cry into my shoulder. "I'm sorry Li, she's still sleepy." I try to assure him but even I don't know if that's true. "why don't you go play while I give Ellie some milk." He looks to be thinking hard about my proposition before he nods saying "k" and running off, I chuckle and go to my bedroom to nurse Ellie. Linus' headspace is a bit older so he doesn't need breast-feeding, probably doesn't even know what it is. I get comfortable and lay Elle across my lap, she starts whining when she realizes she's about to get milk.

        I'm half way through nursing when Linus burst through the door. Shit I meant to lock that "Aunty 'ook 'ook!" Linus screams showing me a paper with scribbles of different colors all over it. " waaait....wat yew doin'?" Linus asks with a tilt to his head. "Ellie is a tiny baby and needs milk from her mommy to grow big and strong like you." I try to explain. He scrunches his face up "mommy milkies?" he seems to be trying to understand, "...w-why can' I 'ot hab mommy milkies fom... myy mommyyy?" he whines in an almost cry. "Oh Bubs well are you a baby?" I ask him honestly. if he ever feels he could be in babyspace then we can talk to my sister together. Linus starts giggling "nuuuuu I big boy annn eben 'Otty trainededed" he says proudly. "I only need pullies at nitenite times." He nods big. "well you see mommy milk is only for little babies cause its not yummy to us." "soooo 'ot aste wike owberry milkies?" I chuckle "no not at all" he seems to have accepted that.

        At this point w has finished nursing and is smiling up at Linus, defenently more awake now than before. "park?" I nod to Linus and pull my shirt up giving ellie her paci "neenee" she squeals. I smile wide at my lovely girl finally in a happier mood.

I get our picnic basket and Ellie's diaper bag as well. I usher Linus outside and lock up before buckling Ellie in her car seat and helping Linus get situated in the seat next to her. I turn on tiny tunes for them making Linus sing along. Ellie is softly crying in the seat trying to unbuckle herself, I frown wishing she didn't get so distraught in the car.

Once at the park I get Ellie out and Linus unbuckles waiting for me to open his door for him. Linus jumps out giggling trying to run straight towards the play structure. "Wait wait" I say grabbing his hand. "Lunch first" I warn before getting our things. I lay the picnic blanket under a nice tree and hang Linus his sandwich and snacks. I get Ellie an applesauce pouch and feed it to her. Most of it ends up on her face and lap because she wouldn't stop dancing. "Mo mo" she pleads, I give her the last bit before helping her eat her sandwich and other goldfish.

Once I get Linus and Ellie cleaned Linus runs to the slide and goes down a few times before climbing on the jungle gym. I decide to take Ellie to the swings and put her in the baby swing. She fits perfect but looks up at me with a quiver to her pout. "Shhh shh it's okay mommy is here" I coo and push her lightly, she begins to enjoy it and she swings for 30 minutes giggling her little head off.

         I hear a scream come from the slides, when I look up I see Linus throw sand into a little girls face. "One moment, pea. Mommy will be right back" I assure her and walk to Linus, I hear her whine behind me but I'm focused on my nephew momentarily.

       "What happened?" I ask as I approach the two. The little girl begins to spew tears and words only half making sense. I gather that the little girl wanted a turn on the slide and Linus wouldn't let her.  She took a chance and went down after him causing this. "Linus that was very rude, apologize now!" I say sternly but hear Ellie's cry's grow louder.

"I-I'm sorry" he says not looking up from the ground. "Come on we're going home and your mommy will be punishing you for this one." He whines but nods his head. With his hand in mine I put my other hand on the girls back and lead the little one who couldn't have been older than nine to her mom or dad. I quickly explain what happened and apologized for Linus' behavior before I turn to walk to the swing set only to find it empty.

My eyes grow the size of saucers, she was just here. I look all over hoping to find her near the set. I scramble all over the park and start screaming her name. "Baby goed?" Linus asks confused but I ignore him and run past the park into the woods surrounding it when a lady walks up to me. "What did your little one look like?" I stumble over my words explaining her outfit and basic features before she nods. "I got a weird feeling from a man walking around the track." The woman sucks in a big breath. "I noticed him walking into the woods with a girl of your daughters description. He...um got into a van with her."

I fall to my knees and sob, I feel Linus put his hand on my shoulder. "This is all my fault aunt penny" Linus cries falling next to me out of headspace. I can't say anything I just pull him to my lap. My baby is gone and who knows who has her. I can't believe I left her alone, I thought she'd be safe...I'm a horrible mother. My mind screams at me, before I push myself to I stand to my feet and call 911 to report a missing person. I hold Linus on our picnic blanket while gripping Ellie's stuffed frog and cry hysterically.

••••••••••••••

The cops come and make a report but warn me there's not much hope in the case. Once done I call my sister and head home, once we get home Sheila is already in the driveway. "She's gone." I sob in her arms, Sheila leads me to my house and takes my keys, unlocking the door and leading me to the couch. She covers me up and gives me a cup of tea.

Linus and Shiela lay on the couch with me before I hear a knock to the door. I don't look up but Shiela comes and lets Mel inside. "Oh babe!" I hear before I feel her curl into me. I accept her comfort and lay my head on her shoulder. We sit like this for a few hours as I cry softly into my best friends shoulder until I fall asleep in her lap.

**trigger warning**

Eleanor's pov:

I'm crying again cause mama walked away. I miss mama, she is warm and nice. I suddenly feel a dark figure come up behind me. I start to scream for mama to come back when I feel something grab my mouth and lift me up. I'm squirming trying to get free but I'm throw into another man inside the go go machine. I'm screaming when I feel something cover my face and darkness overtakes me.

I wake up on a cold floor, my body starts to shake. Once my eyes adjust I notice the man who took me off the street. Tears start flowing from my eyes when I feel a slap to my face making me cry harder. I miss my mama, what if she no find me? "You think you can be a better baby for some bitch and not me?! I saved you, you little shit". I look up not understanding all his words but I shake my head no, not wanting to get hit again. I close my eyes and picture mommy while my eyes flutter from the incoming impact of the mean man's hand before darkness overtakes me once again.

A/N - I'm sorry, I promise things will get better eventually. I love you guys so much and I appreciate every vote and comment. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to message me or comment and your idea may make it into the story.

****Trigger warning******
Letting everyone know for the next few chapters
Abuse: emotional and physical, grief, possibly other types of triggers. This is your warning.
If any of these topics or similar topics are sensitive to you, please don't read these sensitive parts. Stay healthy and happy my dudes Xx