19. Weird dogs

A/N: thank you guys so much for 19k you guys are awesome!!! I've been super busy with work the last few weeks and haven't had time to post. Hopefully that will change soon. I love you all-Rosie Xx

Penelopes's pov:

      Today is a very special day. Candice invited me and Ellie to the zoo, I started overthinking so I invited my sister Sheila and offered for her to bring her husband and Linus. It's not that I don't like Candice, I think I like her too much and I'm worried Ellie won't like her; especially after the hitting incident the last time she visited.
        The fact that she's trying so hard to get to know Elle and spend time with her as well, just makes me swoon. I thought a double date would be less stressful on Ellie.
I've gotten the girl dressed in an adorable onesie with bunnies and white tutu, she looks so precious I can't stop cooing at her. She's been dressed for 30 minutes now and we're eating breakfast in the kitchen waiting for everyone to arrive. "Aren't you just the cutest baby today?" I coo again tickling her shoeless feet. I packed her shoes in her diaper bag cause she always kicks them off in the car.
      This will be Ellie's longest car ride since the zoo is basically an hour away, she normally cries until she falls asleep. I warned everyone of Ellie's fear of cars but they all want to ride in my suv. I feed Ellie her oatmeal until she refuses more and lay her across my lap. Before I have a chance to pull my shirt down Ellie is yelling "milkies" at the top of her lungs. she finally takes a breath when my shirt comes off, her red face returns to her natural color before she latches on hungrily. I chuckle and play with her hair while she drinks her milk, I've tried watching tv and playing a game on my phone but Ellie likes all attention on her during milkie time.
     5 minutes after my shirt is pulled down I start getting "I'm here" texts. Ellie is asleep so I lift her gently in my arms, when I open the door I put my finger to my mouth to indicate Ellie is sleeping. They all nod knowing Ellie's car fear. We all hope she sleeps the whole time, once she's strapped in, shiela's husband places a still sleepy Linus next to Ellie before getting all the way in the back seat next to my sister as I start to play quick lullabies for the little ones. Once candice is in the passenger seat I start our journey.

          •   •   •   •   •
    Luckily Elle and Linus sleep the whole ride, I stopped and get us all coffees making me have to pee horrendously. My leg is jiggling as I lean over and whisper to Candice "hey, gotta pee, don't wake the babies till I get back!" I say quickly as I rush to the bathrooms near the entrance.
     It takes me a while to empty my bladder fully, as soon as I open the bathroom door I hear a babies cries. Not just any baby, my baby, I run to the car and grab my sobbing child from my sisters arms as she was trying so desperately to sooth my distraught daughter. "I-I'm sorry she woke up and was looking for you, I-I told her you'd be right back but she wouldn't listen she just keep screaming give me my mommy back" my sister says In a panic. I nod as I rock Ellie, her grip my my shirt is tight and slightly painful as she has a fist of my hair but I don't care. "Hey hey, sweet baby. Mommy would never leave you" I try to sooth her.
    After a few minutes of sniffles and then a few more minutes of milk. I look down as I hold the bottle for her, she's looking up at me with the saddest eyes. It took a lot of convincing to get Ellie to take the bottle but eventually she gave in. Elle spits the nipple out of her mouth half way through her bottle "m-a ilkies, mama peas" my baby sniffles as she lays a soft hand on my left breast. I sigh sadly "when we get home baby I promise." I say putting my hand over hers but my words cause her to erupt in more sobs and she tries to wiggle out of my hold.
    She cries for another 5 minutes until I finally get her to notice the animal pictures on the wall of the ticket office. She continues to cry silently as she looks around. "Oggies?" She asks looking at me with big eyes, I wipe her tears and without thinking I nod my head making her clap and jump up and down on my hip. I look up and it's then I realize I did something wrong, there's no dogs at the zoo.
    We all get out and get the babies in their strollers before we get our tickets. We decided to go to the birds first, I giggle at my babies oos and ahhs from her stroller. There's nothing better than seeing the delight of a little one seeing something for the first time, I smile at my baby trying to soak this up when I feel a hand on my arm. "I'm really glad you came" the words are so soft the tickle my ear and by the time I register what was said she's already back to telling Linus all about her job. "So you are like a hero?" I hear him ask her making me chuckle.
    "Oggies" Elle shouts pointing at a parrot making everyone laugh. "I knew that would backfire on you" I hear Astian say between breaths. I playfully roll my eyes, unfortunately no matter how we tell Ellie that the other animals aren't dogs; she just doesn't grasp it.
   She does end up with a turtle stuffed animal from Sheila and a red panda from me which are both her new doggies. As we are leaving the gift shop Elle gaps and grabs a deer stuffy "Oggies ooooooooo" she says mesmerized. "Baby mommy got you a stuffie" I tell her softly. She pouts but before the tears have a chance to fall I hear Candice tell the cashier to ring her up for the deer stuffie. I sigh but smile at her especially when I hear my little one shout a thank you and hug her from her stroller "fank yew candy" she says again. We all get loaded into the car after a nice lunch in the zoo cafe and the baby gets a diaper change.
    The moment Elle leaves my arms and I start strapping her in she starts thrashing in her seat. I struggle to get her buckled and kiss her head before I close her door. "Ma noooo peasss" I hear as I circle the car and get into the drivers seat. We all sing to her and take turns trying different tactics to calm her down but nothing works.
    The whole hour the car is filled with screams and sobs, she starts to slow her sobs as I pull into the driveway, finally tiring herself out. She's sniffling and wheezing, I wave bye to everyone as they load into their own cars.            
      Once we get into the house I lift my shirt and sure enough she latched in and gulps it down like it's going to disappear. Slow down, bug" I coo she huffs but slows her suckles just a little. I smile at her as her eyes get heavy. "You had a long day huh?" I say rubbing her back soothingly "you're mommy's sleepy girl" I coo as she drifts off. I start humming and within minutes she's asleep, I hold her in my arms as I watch tv on the couch; enjoying Lars snuggles and Ellie's warmth. I take Elle to her crib and go to bed, I fall asleep thinking of the day and how loved I feel.