17

Will things get better, or it's getting worse? Is the wrath of the storm done, or it's only the calm before the storm?

Is it numbness, or have things started not to feel hurting anymore to your heart?

Will the sunlight wake you up, or it's a nightmare that will force you to live the fate of reality?

Twisted and confused, your mind is blank, and so is your ability to paint the world into a moving picture. The beeping sound of monitors keeps ringing in your ears seems like the sunlight isn't the one waking you up.

Breathing as if you ran into a marathon, the adrenaline rush makes your fingers kick to a slight movement. Yet no tingling sensation came by the world now targeting you to feel nothing but the urge to die.

Slowly the eyes of the sleeping beauty opened, her eyelashes fluttered, lips and throat were dry enough to make her feel like she was stranded in the desert. The feeling of being nowhere filled her thoughts then a slight sound came out of the frail body.

"I can't breathe..." with a slow mouthing of each delicate word, that was the first time Hanma Shuji had heard her again.

The man wearing his usual tuxedo sitting next to her hospital bed dropped his mouth with shock, eyes filled with tears and joy, "You're awake..." A worried voice said.

She was searching over the dull white-colored ceiling and walls until the eyes of the tired girl met the eyes of her life. Reaching toward his hands and felt the coldness, causing her to flinch.

"Shuji...you're cold.." said the girl lying down in a cozy hospital bed and left a weak smile.

"I'll call the doctor. Wait for me, Y/n." The tall man said and caressed the girl's forehead leaving a peck of a kiss on her pale cheeks.

When the man left her peripherals, she felt as if she was alone in the dark even though her room was covered in white.

Blurry vision and difficulty moving were over her stiff body. How long was it since she got shot? How long did she get hospitalized? Countless questions about Hanma Shuji were present.

Unfamiliar, it seems, but it's not nostalgic to be back in a hospital. After all, she did use to work in a hospital before. It was the last place she'd want to be back.

Suddenly rustling footsteps came rushing into her room, and a loud door opening scared her. "Don't worry, Y/n, you're going to be fine." The familiar man assured her.

The man in a white coat checked her vitals and examined her before talking back to Hanma.

"Mr. Hanma, you're wife is fine; she needs more time to recover in the hospital, particularly her walking ability, and another test to make sure that she's okay."  The doctor explained to Hanma and excused himself.

Hanna then went over to your bed and sat there holding your hands. "I missed you, Y/n." He mumbled like a child.

"What happened?" Y/n asked hanma and held his cheeks.

"The night after you got shot, I jumped immediately to find you in the water."  He explained, closing his eyes and grabbing your hands to kiss.

"It was challenging to find you; it was cold and dark. I didn't want to leave you in that place. I searched so desperately, just to find you." Hanma then continued.

"I thought I was about to die. I was so scared. I wasn't ready to end everything." Y/n said and cried.

"I know, darling, that's why you're still here with me." He then assisted you in getting up and gave you a tight hug.