18

−2 months ago

Running away is as easy as they say. Coming back, on the other hand, is harder.

Even if you know your way home, returning is not something a lost man would do. The exact words were imprinted on the man's thoughts as he sat down inside the cold white-colored room.

It was two months after the accident, and she still hadn't woken up. He was filled with worry and fear as he waited for her eyes to open.

Hanma strongly believed that running away was easier than returning home to Japan. He knew that if he stepped his foot again in the country, the next place that he would take his vacation would be in the afterlife.

He just felt like it after hiding for the past two months Takeomi's message never left his mind. The odd man never contacted him after his last message to leave the country.

Somehow he doesn't know what to believe, "Is Takeomi lying to me? But why would he even contact me if he's lying.." Hanma sighed in confusion and messed his hair.

He doesn't know anymore what to do after the last message, He did try to contact Takeomi, but it's no use. Hanma knows that Takeomi wouldn't use his personal number. After all, he's hiding right now in the sight of Ryo Minato.

There is nothing to lose if he follows Takeomi's advice to go into hiding. His pride didn't even fight with him; he knew that as long as he was with Y/n. he had to do everything to keep her safe again.

Hanma stood up and grabbed his coat from the table. Before leaving the room, he looked over at you again. She is peacefully sleeping as if she's a little girl dreaming a long dream.

Grabbing the silver doorknob and twisting it open, he stepped out of your room to get air.

Who knows how long he is out, but leaving you alone inside that room terrifies him. He didn't have any of his men to guard you. Personally, just himself was enough to be with you.

But there's nothing to be afraid of the both of you are out of Japan. He can freely leave your room, though not for long because he still thinks you might wake up without him.

Hanma thought of the rooftop as the place to think for a while; the nostalgia hit him. The place where he first met you.

He climbed the stairs and opened the heavy door with an "authorized personnel only" sign.

The cold air hugged his coat and brushed his messy hair. He walked towards the rusty grills of the hospital and reached for his pockets.

After grabbing the familiar box that fits nicely in his hands, the next thing that went out of his pocket was a lighter.

One stick of cigarette to his lips, covering it as he lit the end. He was inhaling the smoke down to his throat and releasing it back into the air.

The thing went on and on until he was on his third cigarette, and when he was about to light it, he heard a footstep from his behind.

"So this is where you're hiding, Hanma Shuji." A deep familiar voice said, followed by another pair of footsteps.

Hanma then continued to light his cigarette and offered one to the man at his back.

"No thanks, I don't smoke anymore." The man who declined his offer was an old face.

Haitani Ran, with his casual clothes, and Rindou, who was walking behind him with arms on the back of his head.

"That's a surprise, Ran. Since when did you stop smoking?" Hanma jokingly asked the purple-haired man next to him.