Chapter 1: Dinner with Me

Unedited

___________

The next day rolled around quite quickly, it felt as if time was going far too fast for your own heart to bear. You sat peacefully in the now comfortable bed, allowing your newfound friends to check in on how you were healing. You were surprised, so many people surrounding you was new.

"You've been healing really fast, madame," one of the men said, "do you often heal so quickly?"

You stifled a small laugh, "not necessarily no. Though however my recovery time is sped up a little quicker compared to other species in Hyrule."

The people awed in curiosity at your words, staring at your almost completely healed wounds, no blood to be found.

"Being a Kitsune comes with many pros," you laughed, "but even then, there are also many negatives to my species."

"Like what, Madame?"

"Er...people tend to mistake some of us with normal foxes," you said, "but I won't get into that side of things. It's not too pleasant to speak of."

The people surrounding you cocked their head in confusion, shrugging it off as they continued to listen to your silky voice.

"But," you began with a sigh, "it's all in the past now. Why reminisce about the bad things?"

Your words immediately brought smiles to their faces, "that's the spirit!"

You laughed softly, your voice still a tad hoarse from sleeping most of the day away, until a knock came. You perked up, your ears standing tall as your tails swished around behind you, "yes?"

Upon your answer, the door opened quietly, a familiar scent filling your nose.

"Ah? Mystery man?" you questioned. Sooga stood tall in the doorway, confused as to the name you had given him. However, rather than questioning it more, nodded to his fellow Yiga.

The group, now disheartened, bid their goodbyes to you with waves and flowers. You had to admit, being treated so highly made you a bit flustered.

"Have they been treating you well?" Sooga asked, placing his swords down on the small table across from the bed.

You smiled, "of course they have, they've been telling stories all day and even gifted me flowers..."

"Not used to such high praise from strangers?"

"Not particularly, no..." you replied, "but-- if I am your enemy, why am I treated so highly?"

Sooga chuckled at your words, "I do not know, madame. But why is it that you aren't used to such attention? Weren't you the King's royal advisor?"

You grimaced at the words, not even knowing if you could connect with them at all. Being the Royal advisor had taught you so much about your home, patrolling the lands was always fun as it allowed you to run free. But by Hylia's grace were the duties and morning reports the most asinine things you ever had to do.

"Being the Royal advisor meant I was a companion to the King and his family," you said, "but I was only ever tasked with stacks of paperwork..."

"Sounds tedious."

"It was."

Sooga once again chuckled at your words, "I take it you didn't particularly enjoy it?"

You pondered for a moment, leaning your chin against your hand as you leant forward, "there were some good parts...but after the Queen's passing well-- things only got worse. More paperwork. More duties...more of everything."