Chapter 4: Nap Time

Unedited

__________

Sleep, the condition of body and mind that typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended. For the Yiga, sleep was often...a struggle.

To say the least, their Master had a bad habit of practically dumping all his tasks onto them while he slept all day, every day. They didn't know how he could sleep for so long yet have very little energy at times. Was it because he used his powers to float 24/7?

*

Late evening had risen, the bright moon shimmering in the dark sky with stars surrounding the great orb. It would have been well past midnight now, and still, many of Kohga's minions were still patrolling the area while trying to make as little noise as possible, even their Master's snoring could probably be heard from miles away...

Peacefully, Kohga napped in his seat at the dining table, his legs propped up onto said table with a light blanket strewn across his body and an arm hanging over his stomach. It seems he'd been asleep all day once again, leaving his work to his minions while he relaxed.

Both dreams and thoughts were running through his mind going at a speed he couldn't concentrate on. Faces popped up constantly, Calamity Ganon, Sooga, you. Your smile was soft, gleefully baring your fangs as you held his hand gently despite being frozen to the touch. He knew this wasn't the real you though, you were tucked away asleep in your own room, well his room, but he gladly shared it with you while you were healing.

The dream resumed in his mind, but slowly, a looming sense begun to wash over him. Even if he knew it was only a figment of his imagination, there was a certain glint in your eyes, a mischievous look. The dream that was once of clouds, became tangled in the thorns of your own past that you despised. Frozen statues, a hidden city beneath the ice cold mountains, and people with their insides strewn out and their bodies beheaded by a blade only you could wield.

This dream was being twisted into a nightmare against his own will, people surrounded him, their bodies dropping like flies as a large blade was sliced through their throats. Even if their deaths were by your hand, you still stood before him trembling. You were hurt, crying, wailing, sobbing with the blood of those people you inflicted pain on. Even then, as the statues he'd seen beforehand, you yourself were being coated into a layer of your own ice, unable to move at all.

Screams of pain, the sound of guts being pulled from the bodies and their bones being snapped in half. This nightmare reeked of death and mischief, and even if Kohga was a supporter of Calamity Ganon, these scenes were unlike anything he'd ever seen before.

But then the feeling of someone tugging on his hand pulled at his mind, he immediately looked down, finding the real you curled up asleep beside him on the floor. He was back inside the hideout?

"What a weird dream..." he groaned, sitting up in his seat, "where the heck did the blanket come from..."

He sighed, pulling his mask off briefly and wiping the sweat from his face before placing it back. A nightmare, haven't had one of those in a while.

Once again, he sighed, looking back down to your body curled up on the floor. You must've been here for a while considering the marks that appearing on your skin from the textures of the ground and his chair, and you must've been the one to bring the blanket out for him. You were sweet, even if you're a little feisty and strange sometimes.

To be honest, the last time the two of you spoke was when you asked him to leave pretty abruptly. Even if it hurt, he knew he must've accidentally struck a nerve with one of those random questions he'd asked, which one was a mystery to him. It couldn't have been the one about your favourite food...