Chapter 41: The Truth

Princess.

Primordial One.

Provisional Head Priestess.

General.

Guardian of Eternity.

Headmistress.

Pirate Captain.

Royal Advisor.

...Sweetheart.

The sheer amount of names and stories was overwhelming, so much so that they became too difficult to remember. It was like you were made of glass, so fragile that you were bound to shatter. You longed to have left a more memorable legacy behind, wondering how life would be if you had not taken on the responsibility of being the Goddess's Agent and Envoy. Years passed as you dedicated yourself to helping someone else realize their fate, but you couldn't help but feel resentment, hatred and disgust for it all.

But... these names, they didn't mean anything to you. Except one.

Throughout history, you had been called unkind and bitter, but to be named sweet...it caused your heart to leap. It was the only title you cherished, the one you desired above all else. Whenever you heard him calling, you would instinctively move your ears in the direction of his voice. No matter the distance, you'd reunite with him again.

He wasn't going to leave you, not like everyone else.

*

Your paws crunched as they stepped through the snow and ice, with frost adorning every inch of your fur. With agility, you maneuvered through the snow, deftly avoiding any large stones and icicles that were in your way. As your paws pounded through the wintery landscape, the winds swept around your fur, carrying with them the freezing chill of winter. Various hands clung to your fur tightly, like an extra layer of warmth.

The horizon glowed with a menacing, red hue. In the area surrounding Hyrule castle were five massive columns constructed by the Sheikah in alliance with the Guardians, prior to the Great Calamity, to help in the struggle against Ganon. Their purpose was to hold Guardians and would appear automatically if and when Ganon returned. Now, it looked like Ganon had taken control of them entirely.

At the brink of the abyss, you looked down, and caught sight of the broken remnants. Hebra was in the background, and near you stood the Tabantha Bridge. Your gaze oscillated between the bridge and the tower, before releasing a deep breath. Taking off into the atmosphere, you hopped from platform to platform, until you reached the top of the Sheikah Tower.

The Yiga, who had taken a ride on your shoulders, trembled in shock when they noticed the thin sheet of ice covering them. It had never crossed their minds that you were able to dash that fast and that long. All you did was to let out a light laugh, then releasing them from your back. With perplexed gazes, they watched as your bones adjusted themselves back to its human-like shape.

Your style was strikingly different when you were wearing your uniform. Your top was a light blue jacket, with a pale blue dress paired with a sky-blue belt, featuring long sleeves that exposed your shoulders. Complementing the ensemble were matching pale blue leggings, and a flowing cape split in two in the back. Finishing the look were your ice blue boots adorned with shimmering snowflake patterns from head to toe. The dress, boasting an illusion neckline, had a pale blue skirt that reached your shins. Your hair was neatly tied into a braid, and your sword was close at your side.