Chapter 32: Lone Letter

"So, do you think someone's trying to contact you? A Youkai? A spirit?"

"I doubt it, why would anyone want to contact me through a nightmare? There are no Youkai that currently exist to know about the Generals."

"Seems...very strange. Are you sure you're alright?"

You twisted and twirled in the air, avoiding each of Ghirahim's strikes. His eyes burned with frustration as he tried to catch you, but you were too fast. With a bright spark, your blade appeared in hand. You held it high, crackling with an icy glow. With a single thrust, you slashed down on Ghirahim's sword, and his parries were no match for your strikes.

"C'mon Princess, let me win one round," Ghirahim said, annoyed as he blocked your strikes.

"But if I let you win, that'll only set you up for failure," you cooed, sticking your tongue out smugly, "remember who your teacher is, Ghira."

"Oh, be quiet," he groaned in annoyance, blowing a strand of hair out of his face, "after all, I'm sure that Kohga is enjoying the fight."

"Huh?! Where-"

You felt the force of Ghirahim's heel slamming into your stomach and was sent flying across the arena. You landed face-first into the dirt, coughing and hacking as you spat out the bits that had made it into your mouth. Not a very graceful landing.

"Fuck you, asshole!" You cried, cussing him out and sitting up in the dirt, glaring at him, "you're such a dick!"

"I got you good though," he laughed with a sly grin, helping you up from the ground, "even a kick like that didn't ruin your makeup."

"Ruin it and I'll carve out that diamond in your chest."

"Hoo, okay, whatever you say Princess," he snickered, rubbing the rest of the dirt off your face, "buuuut, you did fall for it."

"Go fuck yourself," you let out a loud huff of annoyance, your face turning red with embarrassment.

"Idiot," he chuckled, ruffling your hair, earning a glare from your disappointed face, "I mean...I didn't lie, did I?"

You felt your face burning with embarrassment as you cocked your head to the side and followed Ghirahim's smug gaze towards the entrance of the arena. There sat Kohga, Sooga, and Zant on the ground, each with a bag of popcorn in their hands and enjoying the show. Your tail puffed out in humiliation, and you let out an embarrassed squeal as you hid your face in your hands. Of course Ghirahim would be such a dick.

"Maybe you should ask him if he wants to spar?" He nudged with a smug, shit eating grin, "you haven't seen him fight yet, either."

You groaned in response to his words, your face heating up as you crossed your arms in frustration. Even though you were feeling angry, your tail still gave a few excited wags, as if it were hoping that your thoughts would turn out in its favour. You held the bridge of your nose between your fingertips and sighed heavily.

"Go ooon," He smirked, pushing you forward with a teasing glint in his eyes. You gave him an exasperated 'hmph' and started walking ahead of him with my arms crossed, clearly displeased. "Better do the thing, too," he snickered, seemingly amused by your displeasure. Your hips swayed as you walked ahead of him, radiating your frustration through every movement.

"That was a wonderful display!" Zant clapped his hands in delight, still chewing on popcorn, "I have been looking forward to sparring with you again, (Y/N)."

"Slow down, Twili-boy," Ghirahim chuckled with a raised hand, "I've been waiting for a while to see what this so called 'Top Banana of the Yiga Clan' can do."