Chapter 21: Mended Wounds

Unedited

Riiiip!

"There you are, all better."

The younger Yiga foot soldier smiled graciously at you beneath their mask and gently touched the bandages that wrapped around their body. Dusk was quickly approaching as the warm day shifted into a cool, starry night; the chilled air breezed across your skin. You smiled

"Your wounds will disappear by dawn," you bared your fangs with a smile, your soft lips curling upwards, "my powers will speed up the process. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get some rest."

The soldier nodded their head quickly and bowed towards you, disappearing into a cloud of smoke to make way for another. You smiled once more; it was a Blademaster.

"I apologise, Mistress," the man began, his hands resting on the hilts of his blades, "my wounds are...severe. I would not want you to waste your powers."

"Oh nonsense," you replied, taking his hand and hovering your own over his cuts and scars. An almost blinding, golden glow emanated from the triangular shape etched into the back of your hand, "this power I have will regenerate. It lasts for all of eternity."

The man flexed his hands and brushed them over the wounds. They slowly sealed up carefully, yet still, were red around the edges. You carefully tore some more gauze from the roll and wrapped them around the wounds.

"Is there anything we can do for you, ma'am?" he asked, a solemn tone in his voice, "you have helped us and our Master so much, you've kept us in good health."

"All I ask is that you take care of yourselves," you looked up at him, carefully pinning the gauze in place, "tell the others that there will be no patrol for the next few days, alright? I'll keep watch, your wounds need time to heal."

The man sighed in defeat, scratching the back of his neck nervously. You smiled in return, "by the way, do you know where Kohga and Sooga are? Their wounds need healing too."

"I...believe they are in the dining hall awaiting your presence, my lady," he smiled, bowing for you just as the previous Yiga did, "please, do take care of yourself too. You are wounded as well."

"I'll be alright, I can promise you that," you beamed, curtsying for him. His lips curled beneath his mask and then that was it, he disappeared away to other duties.

Silence filled the room as you stood in its centre, surrounded by bloodied bandages and pins. Almost hundreds of them lay around you; your hands had been stained with the deep redness of that ironic scent.

Your powers had been almost completely drained; the Triforce symbol on your hand was dim and flickered occasionally. Bags hung heavy beneath your eyes, and you gently smacked your hands against your cheeks. You needed to stay awake to help Kohga and Sooga.

Slowly, you picked up your feet and stumbled to the door carefully, gripping the frame and leaning against the wall as you walked slowly. So much power had been used up in such a small amount of time. It's been so long since that happened.

You carefully stumbled down the hall, the dried blood and wound on your shoulder stinging with pain. You bit your lip, trying not to think about it; using up that power brought relief to the painful sensation, but it was only brief.

"Pain tells you you're alive, (Y/N)..." you mumbled to yourself, holding the wall for support, "those idiots...who the fuck even came up with such a plan anyways."

Your bloodied tail swirled behind you and your ears laid flat; the silence of the hideout was uncanny. They were all either sleeping the pain away or resting amongst themselves. They needed to know their limits.