Chapter 19: Memory from a Distant Past

Unedited

"Ow! Ow! Let go! I'm sorry!"

Cries of the damned filled your ears as you sat in peace on the grass, a book in one hand while your other gripped onto your friend's...strangely long tongue.

"Stick that thing anywhere near me again, and I won't hesitate to cut it off, Ghirahim," you glared, flicking to the next page of your book, and releasing his slimy tongue, "what do you want."

The man's tongue slithered back into his mouth, almost slapping himself in the face in the process. His flamboyant aura filled the air, and he flicked his blinding white hair out of his face, "what's wrong with your favourite person coming to visit."

"Everything. You do know this is you we're talking about, correct?"

"Oh don't give me that sass," he rolled his eyes, pushing your book out of the way and laying in its place on your lap. You rolled your eyes; his flirtatious nature was...incredibly annoying.

"The Faron Woods isn't a place I'd expected you to visit," you stated and picked your book back up, the grass tickling against your fingertips, "so close to the temple. I'm surprised you aren't shaking in that tacky outfit of yours."

"The audacity! I'll have you know that these tights make me look absolutely amazing!" he cried out, placing his hand on his chest dramatically.

"Of course, how could I be so blind," you replied, raising a brow.

He winked and stuck his tongue out at you once again, "but perhaps I placed aside my hatred for this place to see your beautiful face once again. So cold, those features of yours."

You sighed at his flirty nature and the compliments and closed your book, "you shouldn't be here. You know just as well as I do that war is coming."

"Oh, can we not talk about something so depressing for once?" Ghirahim retorted, staring at your now blank, cold expression, "I'm breaking rules for you here, Princess. If our Master found out-"

"Your Master."

He rolled his eyes at your interruption and chuckled to himself. These small meetups, the time you'd spend together; you knew it would all be for nothing in the end. Moments of silence passed as the wind breezed past the pair of you.

"I am a traitor, Ghirahim."

"Don't think like that."

"It is the truth," you spoke, staring up at the large statue of the Goddess that towered over the forest, "I betrayed you and our Master. I apologise."

Ghirahim kept his mouth shut as you stared off into space. Your expression was blank and cold as usual, it was as if there were moments that you weren't yourself, that you couldn't feel emotions. You resembled another sword spirit you both knew.

"I'm sorry, Ghirahim. I'm so sorry."

*

"Gah!" you cried as your eyes snapped open and jolted up in your bed, clenching your chest as you panted heavily. It was late morning.

"What the hell was that..." you mumbled, rubbing the sleep from your eyes. Those dreams were becoming more frequent now, your memories were being shaped and morphed into nightmares right before your very own eyes. If this kept up, you'd never be able to sleep again.

You groaned to yourself, stretching out your body as you stood from the comforts of your bed. With a loud yawn, you quickly got to work. You bathed, dressed, and finished up everything you needed to do, even Terrako 'helped' fix the mess of your bedhead.

"Thank you for your work, love," you smiled, lifting the small robot up to your shoulder, "now why don't we go wake everyone up? I'm sure they'll love our surprise!"

Terrako beeped happily and you snickered to yourself, sliding the door open and closing it behind you. You sniffed the air and flicked your ears, that was strange...

"Huh, no one's awake yet?" you pondered, letting your feet guide you down the hall, "I would have expected Sooga to be awake and training by now."

Terrako beeped once again as you traversed down the many halls of the hideout, peeking into rooms only to find empty, yet neat, beds. Even their weapons and such had disappeared.

"Where could they be?" you asked quietly, your ears flicking in confusion as they laid flat against your head, "there's no patrol today, is there? At least not one that takes the entire Clan..."

Terrako shrugged at your words as you turned back the way you came, heading back towards your room but—you stopped outside Kohga's door. There was a note.

You glanced at Terrako and gently pulled the note off the door, reading it quietly to yourself.

"To (Y/N),

Mornin' sweetheart! We're all out on a mission right now so why don'tcha have some rest while we're gone! At least yer ears won't be chatted off!

From Kohga and Sooga,

P.S Don't leave the Hideout, Mistress. It is dangerous.

Your eyes widened at the words written on the parchment; they truly weren't here after all...

"But— my surprise..." you mumbled to yourself. You'd worked so hard on all that cooking, and you knew it wasn't their fault, but it still hurt a little.

"Looks like no feast today, Terrako..." you forced a smile at the small automaton, "maybe another day."

Terrako beeped and beeped furiously as you wandered back into your room. You could only make out some of his words, but...they weren't child friendly at all.

You chuckled at the small robot, placing him on the windowsill of your room and watched as he furiously spun in circles.

"It's alright, Terra. Really, it is," you smiled, but he just kept on with his furious beeps. It was rather humorous to be honest, and pretty cute.

As he continued to beep loudly, your mind begun to wander. There were only some mere silly thoughts, like what you were hungry for, or what you were going to do for the day. Random things like that.

Terrako continued to bounce around, beeping angrily at you, and trying to get your attention. But your mind had wandered and Kohga's face popped into your mind—or at least his masked face. You wondered what exactly was beneath those masks.

Beep! Beep, BEEP!!

Your eyes shot open at Terrako's far louder beeping. He was bouncing up and down repeatedly trying to get your attention before staring and pointing out the window. You furrowed your eyebrows and leaned out into the breeze, following his gaze, and squinting your eyes. Being a fox had its perks.

The sand was almost blinding, but it didn't hide the situation. It was the Gerudo, they were attacking something. You squinted harder and flexed your ears; three young people came into your train of sight. Two were blonde and the other bore pearly white long locks with a Sheikah themed hat hiding their face.

"Zelda..." you mumbled, leaning further out the window, "why are the Gerudo attacking her?!"

Terrako beeped and beeped again, a small hologram of the inverted Sheikah symbol appearing from his eyes.

"You think that Kohga and the others had something to do with this?" You asked. He nodded quickly and bounced again, landing on the floor and circling around your feet. "Fine, I believe you. But you're staying here, got it?" you glared, your bones cracking and popping as your body shifted and morphed into that of a grand, divine fox, "if any of the others return, tell them I'm out on a walk."

Terrako beeped in protest, but he knew he couldn't stop you even if he tried. You'd already leapt out the window before he could grab hold of one of your tails, and his propellors hadn't been repaired yet so he couldn't follow.

All you'd left behind was a gust of wind.

____________

Shorter chapter for today! Really busy with school and all my assignments are piling up TwT