Chapter 20: Intervention

Unedited

"Impa! Link! What is going on?!" the Princess's cries of confusion echoed in the stifling air, "The Gerudo! Why are they attacking us?!"

Impa, the current Royal Advisor and the Guuji's co-worker, followed after Zelda and shielded her from the Gerudo's strikes. Link quickly kept pace with the two girls, defending them both with his skills. But Urbosa, why was she allowing this to happen?

"I'm not sure, Princess," Impa replied to Zelda's shouts, "but we have to find Urbosa. Maybe she'll be able to tell us what's going on."

Zelda and Link nodded in reply, sprinting through the course sand beside each other and dodging attacks from all angles. Link and Impa both stuck close to the Princess at all times.

"This is ridiculous! Are we even sure that Urbosa is even here?" Impa shouted out, quickly dodging a spear attack from a Gerudo soldier, "we're getting ambushed from every side, Princess!"

"We must continue on! Urbosa has to know what's going on and how to stop it!" Zelda exclaimed, occasionally tripping over her feet as the group sprinted into the confinements of Gerudo Town.

Everywhere they looked, guards surrounded them and pointed their spears towards the trio. Link held out his sword and Impa gripped her daggers tightly. Zelda cowered between the two and stared at the strange triangular mark on her hand, wishing ever so much for her power to return, for this all to be over. Despite her worries, they trio pushed on and ran towards the throne, their feet blistered and sore.

"Urbosa!" Zelda cried out; her energy was spent as she sprinted up into the fancier room. The aura surrounding the Gerudo Tempest was threatening, filled with pure hatred and malice. Urbosa sat high atop her throne menacingly with guards at her side. Her siren-like eyes opened slowly as her name was called by the girl; she frowned.

"Urbosa! Why?! What are you doing?!" Zelda cried as Link stood to her side, shielding her from the guards that surrounded them. Her bewilderment plagued her features.

Urbosa lowered her eyes and stood from her throne, unsheathing her blade from her hip, "thwarting your destiny, of course."

Zelda backed away as Urbosa's scimitar aimed towards the three; it's sharp, delicate features were beautiful, but it had been tainted with blood before. Zelda meekly stood behind Link with Impa now at her side.

"Princess Zelda," The Gerudo Chief murmured, her heels clicking against the ground as she dashed forward, her blade ready to slash down at the three.

SNAP!

The sound of fingers clicking echoed in their ears and the Chief before them was struck with bright electric green zaps of lightning! Smoke wafted off of her body as she cried out in pain, falling to the ground with a loud thud!

The group stumbled back in astonishment; the sight of the chief knocked out on the floor baffled them, even the guards were in shock as they dropped their weapons.

"I came back as quickly as I could."

Zelda spun around at the familiarity of the voice and stared with wide eyes. The warm sun shone bright against the Tempest, the electric buzz in the air proving her truthfulness.

With quick steps, Urbosa strode forward towards the three, "not exactly what I expected to find."

Zelda continued to stare and clenched her heart tightly, "U-Urbosa...?"

Urbosa, the true Gerudo Tempest, smiled at the girl with a hand on her hip, "I hope you're not hurt, little bird."

Zelda beamed at the nickname, her smile glowing with radiance, "I'm not."