Chapter 16: Bliss

Unedited

"Stupid Seer...who the heck does that guy think he is?!"

Kohga stomped along through the halls, his steps heavy and forced as Sooga traversed beside him. His Master often got like this when that Seer occasionally overstepped boundaries.

"Ugh, did ya see him, Sooga!? What was with the whole touchy thing?!" Kohga shouted, grinding his teeth as he stomped, "and the goo-goo eyes? What the heck?!"

Sooga merely nodded to his Master's anger induced outburst, his eyes narrowing behind the shield of his mask. Your movements and forced smile during the moment, it all seemed rather natural to the naked eye. It was clear that it wasn't the first time you'd been inflicted with such behaviour.

"Next time I see that guy, I'm gonna give him a knuckle sandwich!" Kohga beamed proudly, punching his fists together as they stopped in front of your door, "Sweetheart? Ya in there? We came ta help ya with your friend!"

No response came from within. The pair glanced at each other in confusion and carefully slid the door open, peering inside. Your room was as usual despite the large amount of Sheikah technology piled up on your desk. Even the little guardian they had met before was powered down, sitting silently on a pillow.

"Huh? That's weird..." Kohga mumbled, looking around your room in search of you, "where could she be?"

"Master Kohga," Sooga nudged, glancing to his leader, "up there."

Kohga followed his lackey's gaze up to the ceiling where a familiar, plain wooden trapdoor had been left open, "hey, doesn't that lead up to the Highlands?"

"Indeed it does, Master," Sooga nodded, pulling the rope down and letting wooden stairs fall before them, "after you, Master."

Quickly and without hesitation, Kohga climbed up the stairs with Sooga trailing close behind. The old wooden boards creaked beneath their feet, the planks threatening to snap at any given moment and send them tumbling. It'd been so long since they'd travelled up here.

"Upsie-daisy..." Kohga groaned, hoisting himself up through another trapdoor into the light of the sun, "holy jeez it's freezing!"

Sooga chuckled, climbing out onto the ground, and closing the small door behind them. Mountain peaks coated in thick layers of snow towered high overtop of the pair and the sun smiled down on them gently. Despite being freezing cold, it was far better than the heat of the desert.

"How can that woman live in these conditions?!" Kohga shouted and snapped his fingers, a thick winter coat appearing around him as he bundled up, "for Calamity Ganon's sakes I'm freezing!!"

"Here, Master," Sooga nudged once again, a lit torch appearing in his hand. The warmth of the flickering flames lit up against the pair, the embers supplying them the warmth they craved.

"A torch! You think of everything, my main man!" Kohga beamed, standing close to the torch, and looking around. It was nothing but snow and mountains as far as they could see, "now where could she be..."

Sooga joined in on the search, nothing out of the ordinary catching their eyes at once. Kohga scratched his head, desperately wanting to return to the warmth of his room.

"Master Kohga, look there," Sooga interrupted his Master's thinking, pointing to smaller footprints leading off into the distance and the many pink petals surrounding them, "sakura petals, she must be near. Perhaps she wandered off?"

Kohga remained peculiarly silent, beginning to hover mid-air and follow after the footprints. Sooga quickly followed in pursuit, leaving his own footprints beside the smaller ones.