Chapter 26: True Hearts Desire

Unedited

You were quite honestly surprised at just how much you had been bedridden these the past few days, especially since you weren't in your own room anymore. Zant and Ghirahim had made themselves very...at home. Probably Ghirahim's influence, he never seemed to mind using your things without permission.

Today was a different kind of day, one where you would hopefully be at the hideout in silence. Kohga, Sooga, and others would be up in the mountains until dawn, training themselves in the harsh winter. And now that Terrako had disappeared, you had grown worried...

"Are you sure you guys are going to be okay? The snow can be a little overwhelming for those who aren't accustomed to it."

"We'll be fine, sweetheart! Don't you worry!"

You pressed your lips together in concern as you wrapped up various warm foods into pouches. It was that time for training in the Gerudo Highlands, and the blizzards were...harsher than usual.

"Are you positive? I can come along and try to keep the snow at bay?" you asked, placing all the hot food into one of your infinite pouches, "the blizzards can get especially bad sometimes..."

"They'll be fine, Princess," Ghirahim chimed in, flicking his hair smugly. You glared at the demon with irritation, and he simply grinned back.

"We'll be okay, sweetheart," Kohga smiled beneath his mask as he adjusted his new winter coat, each layer providing as much warmth to his body as possible, "you don't gotta worry! It isn't our first time dealing with those blizzards!"

"Master Kohga is correct, (Y/N)," Sooga smiled, placing his mask onto his face and tying the warm pouch to his belt, "need not worry for us, Mistress. We've trained in the mountains many times in our lives."

Your eyebrows furrowed and your lips pressed into a line, "alright...just don't fall down the mountain! I don't want to have to patch you all up!"

"Okay, okay, sweetheart!" Kohga laughed, "wouldn't wanna make ya worry even more, especially now that you've given us all these delicious snacks and warm coats!"

You smiled gratefully as he shifted his mask a little and pressed his scarred lips to your cheek. He was so much warmer with all the extra layers of clothing, but you didn't mind. Ghirahim and Zant gagged at the sight, and Sooga glared daggers in their direction.

"Anyways! We'll be back before ya know it!" Kohga grinned, shifting his mask back into place, "c'mon, my main man! Let's get a move on!"

"You better come back safe, and without frostbite!" you crossed your arms sternly, "and don't be surprised if these two have black eyes when you come back."

"Huh?! What does that mean?!" the other pair cried out in fear and confusion.

"Noted," Kohga chuckled at the reaction, standing to Sooga's side and clapping his hands together, "Bye Sweetheart! Love you-"

Before Kohga could finish, Sooga's fingers snapped, and the pair disappeared away. They left nothing but various talismans and sigils in their wake.

Your eyes widened at Kohga's interrupted words, and your face began to flush with red. You clenched your chest where your heart would rest, and you just felt positively giggly. You sighed to yourself and turned, continuing to hold your chest, "well, I'll be reading if anyone needs me."

"Hey! You said we were gonna spar!" Ghirahim cried and followed along after you, dragging Zant behind him, "you said that-"

"I said that maybe we could spar," you smiled, walking in front of them, "I didn't give you a definite answer."