Chapter 6: Decision

Gem's Pov

Making a decision was alot harder in my case. With only 7 day remaining it felt like the whole world was weighing down my shoulders. Today was Friday and this was the day I decided to break it all down to Lin. I was busy breaking it down to her during our lunch break.

"Honestly I don't know what the heck he was thinking when he first saw me," I  complained  to her. "They said he fell for me some how,"

"I bet he's not as bad Gem," she replied.

"I know because I haven't met him yet but I have a strange feeling abou him. You know I have dreamt of marrying someone I actualy like then it would turn into love and then  get me married and have alittle family living a quiet life."

"It would be possible if you did not limit yourself. Gem you are pretty introverted and we both know it would be hard for you to date someone. Especially when you're always being negative no one wants someone like that. I'm sorry to say but this is probably your only chance at you know-"

Well that was some friendly advice. I knew I was all the things she mentioned but she thought so lowly of me even though I was her friend. She thought I was incapable of finding myself a partner or probably stating that no one could ever see a partner within me. It hurt how everyone thought little of me even the person I considered my best friend.

I tried my best to look anywhere but her as we stayed in an awkward silence.

"Gem I didn't mean to put it-"

"It's okay Lin no offence taken," I  gave a  small smile. Right then the kids began to flood the room again and I shifted my attention back to them.

"Yours are probably back too. You should go check on them we can talk later on," I  said taking one baby in my arms.

I lied I didn't give us the time to talk later. I just needed to go home so the moment it was my dismissal hour I rushed out of the day care wrapping a scarf around my neck briskly. As I approached the car in a hurry Swiss had the car door open and I jumped in.

"Alright Ms. Hunt?" Swiss asked as we drove back home.

"Yes nothing to worry about," I  smiled as I replied. He nodded continued driving.

Like most of my other days I wasn't hungry. My appetite left me the moment those people came with that proposal. Everyday when I returned home I'd read my Good Book and then fall into a nightmare sleep. I usually had nightmares but who cared I had to learn to control them but it wasn't working this time. I dreamt that some unknown man was dragging me into the dark forest away from everything I knew.

I got to the refuge of my room and slumped on the soft fabric of my bed instantly. I was alarmed to hear the sound of a knock I didn't recognise.

I made my way to the door and slowly opened it almost frightened. It was non other than Nevaeh. Her cocoa brown hair was tied in a messy bun on her body she wore sweatpants with a matching hoodie and a pair of colourful socks. In her arms she held the maroon jacket of her school which was once mine too.

"Hey," she whispered looking really low.

"Hi?" It came out as a question.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Uh- do you need something?" I asked feeling a little weird that she'd be in my room.

"No no I should probably-"

"Come in," I stopped her from leaving. I widened the door space and she came in. I couldn't help but notice the red mark on her left cheek and the scratches on her nape. They still had the red colour meaning they hadn't been treated yet.