Chapter 13: Preparations

Gem's Pov

Wedding preparations were now starting to become a lot more serious.
I was burdened and stressed and to top it off Darius was always so busy he couldn't help me.

The mothers had given me the responsibility of picking the perfect wedding card and flowers for the decor. I was tired and I just wanted to hide away somewhere. For someone to protect me and keep me sane.

I hopped in the back seat of the car and put my seat belt on.

"You know your way around town right Swiss?"

"Yeah."

"Take me to Darius," I heard a faint chuckle from him before the engine roared to life.

"Here we are!" Swiss called and I took the seat belt off.

"Thank you Swiss!" I jumped out and shut the door.

"Will I have to wait for you?"

"I'm not sure I'll inform you."

I walked into the tinted glass building and I came to see a wide space. The floor was tiled I could see my face on it. People dressed in suits and all kinds of formal wear.

The lobby was adorned with plush black  leather sofas with a few other seats here and there. To get to the elevators you had to climb a few stairs. The ceiling was a mirror and a beautiful chandelier hung from it. It was beautiful here.

I moved to the receptionist desk and prepared myself.

"Uhh hi," I said to one of the receptionists but all of them stared at me. I looked down at my outfit and I was wearing a peach midi dress with poker dots and a cream white cardigan with canvas.

"Hello ma'am how can I help you?" She had a teasing smile.

"I'm here to see Mr. Lombardi,  Darius. "

She seemed shocked at my request but still went on.

"Well do you have an appointment?"

"No but-"

"Well I'm sorry ma'am but you can't go up without an appointment. But I can squeeze you into his schedule if you'd like that?"

"Sure and when will that be?"

"He'll have an opening at about 2," and at the moment it was 11 am. I had to wait 3 more hours and I literally had nothing else to do.

"Thank you," I smiled and moved to the lobby and got comfortable on the plush sofas. I picked up a magazine all based on the company and through out the entire pages there wasn't a single mentioning of Darius. He was the CEO right?

I got tired of the magazine and decided to just look at my reflection on the ceiling. At some point I fell to a sleeping position and stayed that way for a long time.

"Ma'am," one of the other receptionists approached me. "Can I get you any beverage? A snack?"

"Uhh some water maybe?" She nodded and walked away. I noticed her other colleagues staring at me and whispering amongst themselves. They were definitely trouble including the one that asked me to wait.

"Miss," I was brought out of my thoughts. "Your water," she offered and I took the bottle.

"Thank you."
She walked away leaving me to my water. Checking the time it was now 12. I was starting to grow impatient and irritated.  Couldn't I just go up and see him, he was my fiancé. I got up determined but slumped back on the sofa deciding not to. I sat on the sofa my back towards the receptionist desk and my arms folded.