Chapters 8: Engagement Party

Darius' Pov

On hearing that she did not accept my proposal I travelled back home in the wretched snow storm. I was gonna make her mine one way or another that was all in my head. The moment I got home everyone was happy planning things and laughing like the woman of my dreams hadn't rejected me. I was really upset at that time.

"What the heck is going on?!" I yelled and silence fell upon the house.

"Oh Darius you're here,"my mum giggled along with Haven.

"What's so funny?" I asked them both.

"Nothing just preparing,"

"Preparing for ?"

"Gem's engagement party,  she's getting married," my mum answered with a smile but I was furious.

"And you're helping? Who the heck is this guy anyway?"

"Hey guys I got the velvet box," Giovanni joined us with a huge smile a red velvet box.

"Gio?" I stared at the small velvet box in his hands. "What did you do?" I stalked him like a predator.

"What do you mean?" He looked confused.

"I gave you one task," he swallowed.

"Moma,"

"Uhh Darius just-"

"Stay out of it," I warned,"I trusted you and you screwed me over by stealing her."

"What no!! I didn't!" He raised his voice.

"Don't lie to me Gio!" I punched the wall and a few gasps erupted.

"It's not me fratello!"

"It's true Darius it's not him," Enzo cut in.

"Well then who is it?"

"It's you dumbo," Haven punched my shoulder, "she said yesss."

"She did?" My mum nodded. "But?" I stared at Giovanni.

"We all lied we wanted to surprise you with the good news but it seems your mother and sister had other things in mind," Giovanni straightened up.

"We did not think he would accuse you."
Haven rolled her eyes.

"And all this planning?"

"For the engagement party," Enzo replied blankly.

"Your engagement party,"

"I didn't ask for one,"

"You didn't have to, " my mum smiled.

"I don't want one so cancel it."

"Gem agreed to it so suck it up jerk," Haven countered rudely causing me to give her a nasty glare. My siblings liked to rile me up for some reason.

"Sei così irritante," I mumbled. (You are so irritating)

"Anche tu," she fired back. (So are you)
"Anyway I planned a day out with the guys for you,"

"Which guys?" My eyebrow pirked up.

"Your four friends you fool, I made you all an appointment."

"I hate her too," Giovanni whispered and she glared at us both.

My four brothers from other mothers Orlando, Antonio, Simon and Marcus. I couldn't have asked for better friends but for the passed year I went MIA on them. I knew they'd be mad at me so I planned some other day to explain myself but now Haven ruined it. I glared at her again. She was a stupid fire cracker and it was dangerous to mess with her.