Chapter 23: Honeymoon?

Gem's Pov

I woke to wholesome scent of French breakfast. I stretched almost like my life depended on it and earned a deep chuckle from Darius. I took a whole 360 of the room but couldn't find him. Throwing the sheets off of my body, I slowly crawled off the comfortable king sized bed. Then I saw him. Coming from the balcony in nothing but a pair of sweatpants.

"Care to join me for breakfast?" He asked now standing a few inches away from me. I nodded refusing to let that morning breath out. "Yeah?" He asked and I nodded once again. He proceeded to kiss my forehead and gave me a bear hug.

"I'll join you in a bit let me just get a shirt," he spoke and I nodded in response.

I walked to the spacious balcony and instantly the sun got to my eyes. The view here was beautiful. Paris was beautiful and romantic. Everything about it was just amazing. My breath hitched noticing the eifel tower. It was magnificent. Unconsciously, my feet led me to the edge of the balcony letting me get a view of the street. The cute coffee shops and cafés, the cyclist, the artists. This was all just way too beautiful for me to hold in my smile.  I closed my eyes and allowed the sun to dance on my sleepy skin for a bit before I felt him right behind me. My eyes snapped open and I turned with a smile.

"Like it?" He asked.

"Like it?" I turned to face the city once again, "I love it, it's so beautiful."

"I'm glad you love it here bambina," I could hear the smile in his voice. I turned back to face him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you for bringing me here Darius, really...thank you."

"Don't thank me yet principessa, " with his arms around my torso he effortlessly  lifted me off the ground and instinctively my legs wrapped around his waist. "But let's eat first," he placed me in a comfy chair and only now did I get to see the food that brought me out of my slumber.

It was all mouth watering, the fruits seemed so juicy and watery. I took a sliced apple and bit into it. My mouth delighted at the taste and I moaned in sync. I hadn't had any food after the flight. The moment we got to Paris I fell asleep on the car and was only woken up by Darius to change into my night clothes.

I moved to the pineapples and his eyes weren't leaving my face. I was chewing on a slice of pineapple and stared directly into his eyes.

"Am I really joining you for breakfast or did you just bring me here to have breakfast on my own?" I asked.

"I am having my breakfast, " he continued staring.

"Well atleast stop staring at me," I picked out some grapes, "stare at the city or something."

"Perché dovrei fissare altrove quando posso fissare il tuo bellissimo viso tutto il giorno?" It was definitely a question I could hear te question mark from his tone. (Why would I stare anywhere else when I can stare at your beautiful face all day?)

"Don't you ever feel like I need to learn a little more of your language?" I asked.

"No, having you blank like this is wayy cuter," he played around with the fork before him with a straight face.

"Just so you know I don't find it cute." I stated and he looked me in the eyes. And I challenged him back, boldly.

"Fine, I'll have Elena run you through the basics," he stood up stared at his wrist watch and checked his phone.

"Where are you going?" I asked already irritated by the fact that he was leaving.

"To take care of some work," he bent slightly and planted a kiss on my forehead then later my lips. He lingered there for a while probably waiting for my reciprocation but I didn't give it. At that he bit on my lip lightly but I still didn't badge.