Chapter 10: Dating?

Gem's Pov

It was the Tuesday after our engagement party. I hadn't really heard much from Darius but I heard from his mother and sister everyday. I was, like every other day, in the day care with my crazy best friend. She couldn't stop pestering me about Axel she had a little girl crush on him.

"Just give it Gem!" She wailed while I tidied up.

"I don't have it Lin, " I responded dryly.

"Don't you feel haunted torturing me like this I'm your best friend!" She pointed at me.

"I swear I don't have Axel's number... and plus he probably has some girl."

"No! He doesn't, his got the body statement of a single man," she said sensually touching herself as she paraded the room. She stopped her parade by the window looking almost dumb founded.

"Seen someone else whose number you'd like to have?" I teased.

"Yeah..." she kept staring," your husband. "

"What?" I glared at her.

"He's here," she pointed and then waved like he finally noticed her. I went to see it with my own eyes and it was true.
Darius stood leaning against his car hands pocketed in his black pants. He was always welly dressed I guess.

"God no!" I frantically sped through the hallways down the stairs and out the building. The moment he laid eyes on me his features softened and he came forward but I pushed him back.

"Darius what are you doing here?!" I whisper yelled.

"Well hello to you too tesoro I'm great," was his reply to my rude question.

"I'm sorry," I tucked a strand of my hair away shyly. "How are you Darius?"

"I'm okay and you," he tucked the stubborn strand away and kissed my forehead making me flush.

"I'm good now back to my main question," I looked all around to see if someone was watching us and a few were.

"Oh so it's a crime to visit my fiance at her work place?"

"No," I was looking around again.

"Oh... so you're embarrassed of being seen with me?"

"What? No!" I denied the statement. "It's actually the other way around. You're supposed to be embarrassed of being found with me."

His brows furrowed and he looked upset.

"You do know that you're my fiance right?" I nodded and scanned the area for some weird dude taking pictures.
"Hey," he brought my face up making me look in his dark eyes. "Non me ne frega un cazzo di quello che pensano," he whispered fervently but I didn't understand sadly. My eyes just wandered all over his face. (I don't give a shit what they think).

His head hang over to the side and next thing I knew his breath was fanning my neck. I had an idea of what he was going to do and I didn't approve of it. Before he could do anything I pushed him at his chest.

"Don't, " was the word that accompanied my actions.

"Forgive me," he stepped back. "I should have asked," he added.

"I should get back inside," I said turning on him.

"Wait Tesoro, " he held me back, "I wanted to take you out for il pranzo," I gave him a confused stare,"lunch."

"I always have lunch with Lin I can't just leave her.... bye Darius," I responded.

I walked away from him swiftly back to the confinement of the day care. I took deep breaths before I joined Lin and acted natural.